Canvas hydraulic hose covers

/ Canvas hydraulic hose covers #1  

Jframe

About 4 or 5 weeks ago after seeking price information here I purchased a 2008 S 185 with 250 hours. I knew the machine since new since it had only been used in plowing snow in a shared driveway that includes my own residence. The machine had always been stored out of doors until I bought it, and the houses are all on the Pacific Ocean. Storms often spray houses and anything outside with salt, and this is a tough, damp environment for anything made of metal or wood. I have cleaned up the machine extensively. Rust isn't that bad, and won't take much effort to touch up when warm weather comes. All exposed hydraulic hoses are encased in white canvas. That canvas has not rotted yet but it is discolored and has green mold. I would like to save it. I am wondering what chemicals anyone might have used on this model. I don't want to ruin the canvas nor do I want to use something that will penetrate it and in any way discolor the hoses. Taking the canvas off would be a lot of trouble and may not be possible without removing the hoses. Washing the canvas in my wife's washing machine would be difficult as the pandemic has restricted her travel, which pre-pandemic was extensive. Powder-coating cast bullets in her toaster oven and heat-treating gun coating in her regular oven has come to a screeching halt during the pandemic for example. Thank you.

/ Canvas hydraulic hose covers #2  
Try some Spray-Nine cleaner if you can find it in your area. I'm on the Chesapeake Bay any we use it on boat canvas with great success. Good luck with your endeavor.

/ Canvas hydraulic hose covers #4  
About 4 or 5 weeks ago after seeking price information here I purchased a 2008 S 185 with 250 hours. I knew the machine since new since it had only been used in plowing snow in a shared driveway that includes my own residence. The machine had always been stored out of doors until I bought it, and the houses are all on the Pacific Ocean. Storms often spray houses and anything outside with salt, and this is a tough, damp environment for anything made of metal or wood. I have cleaned up the machine extensively. Rust isn't that bad, and won't take much effort to touch up when warm weather comes. All exposed hydraulic hoses are encased in white canvas. That canvas has not rotted yet but it is discolored and has green mold. I would like to save it. I am wondering what chemicals anyone might have used on this model. I don't want to ruin the canvas nor do I want to use something that will penetrate it and in any way discolor the hoses. Taking the canvas off would be a lot of trouble and may not be possible without removing the hoses. Washing the canvas in my wife's washing machine would be difficult as the pandemic has restricted her travel, which pre-pandemic was extensive. Powder-coating cast bullets in her toaster oven and heat-treating gun coating in her regular oven has come to a screeching halt during the pandemic for example. Thank you.
I have no recommendation for actual cleaning, but when you do get it cleaned to your satisfaction I do have a recommendation for recoloring.
I bought Dupli-Color HVP106 Flat Black Hi Performance Vinyl and Fabric spray cans from Amazon.
You do not need to get the fabric particularly clean, but you should make every effort to kill any mold.
My Kubota had been stored outside for 13 years, and the hose covers were dirty and discolored. My fabric hose covers now look like new!
You will need several coats!