Car Insurance skyrocketing

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #92  
Here’s a letter I just received that my homeowners is going up even more.

View attachment 860051

Im paying $500/month for homeowners now. I paid $180/month when I purchased this home in 2010.

250% increase in 14 years.

My homes value and belongings inside is up about 80-100%.
That suks.

At least my carrier gave me a reason in my more than doubled premium a few years ago.

And, is your house really classified as being on a farm? As you eluded to in a later post?

Is that a difference maker between you and the insurance company?

Farm with home? vs Home

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #93  
WOW! I was complaining at 1200 for homeowners after a 21,000 claim last year. Turns out I have nothing to fuss about

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #94  
Here’s a letter I just received that my homeowners is going up even more.

View attachment 860051

Im paying $500/month for homeowners now. I paid $180/month when I purchased this home in 2010.

250% increase in 14 years.

My homes value and belongings inside is up about 80-100%.

Holy cow. Ours, which includes the 40x60 shop and 30x30 detached garage, is $800/yr!!!

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #96  
Mine includes a barn & shop, too.
I called & b*tched. Guy told me it’s all based off replacement value.

I’m in the process of selling my home, so maybe a ”change will do me good”.

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #97  

Yep, so that along with fuel, food, parts and just about everything else is why I have grounds to complain about the way the economy is currently being handled.

It sucks.

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #98  
We pay $6,500/yr for our AgAdvantage policy with Texas Farm Bureau. Due to the high cost of building in East Texas (their explanation), the 3200 sq ft house, 1800 sq ft stables, 2400 sq ft shop, and 1200 sq ft carport are valued at almost $1,000,000 replacement value. Plus, I have all the tractors, implements, lawn mowers, and trailers covered under it.

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #99  
Pay 6K a year for 3 vehicles/ 2 drivers (full coverage) and the house.

Asked why house so much and since it's a brick house, more expensive to replace.

My state farm guy is a real nice guy. Small town.

Wife ran into a tree in our yard (don't ask, yes she was sober)and the insurance guy said it sounds like she was attacked by a maple, act of nature. $100 deductible

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #100  
Big shakeout here regarding insurance brokers... plenty of customers but can't keep the doors open without product to sell.

Insurance heavily advertised the warm and fuzzy peace of mind and turns out nothing but smoke and mirrors... my "Good Neighbors" don't cut and run...

Maybe Fire Insurance will go the way of Flood Insurance and be a government offering?

It's kind of like the time I wanted to add coverage for my work tools in the truck... $4000 coverage was $1500 extra per year... so three years without loss already would have paid to replace.

Only problem is for those that finance vehicle or home... insurance required as loan condition.