Tire Selection Carlisle Versa Turf

/ Carlisle Versa Turf #1  

tlj87

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4700, Kubota BX2370-1, Kubota RTV1140CPX, Kubota F3060, Club Car Precedent
We replaced the original turf tires on our little Kubota BX2370-1 with the new Carlisle Versa Turfs. My very initial impressions are that deep snow traction is improved and compacted snow traction is about the same. They do look cool. I’ll try to chime in in about a year with some more detailed feedback. IMG_3265.JPGIMG_3262.JPGIMG_3264.JPG

/ Carlisle Versa Turf #2  
Hi, I’m considering doing the same on my BX2380 but from looking at your pictures there seems to be less rim protection with these on, especially the front tires? I would like your thoughts, thanks 👍🏻

/ Carlisle Versa Turf
Hi, I’m considering doing the same on my BX2380 but from looking at your pictures there seems to be less rim protection with these on, especially the front tires? I would like your thoughts, thanks

The front rims are more exposed around the edge of the rim for sure. The rears are fine.

/ Carlisle Versa Turf #4  
   / Carlisle Versa Turf #5  
Did you filled your r14 to help your loader works ?
How do you like your Carlisle Versa Turfs?

/ Carlisle Versa Turf #6  
We replaced the original turf tires on our little Kubota BX2370-1 with the new Carlisle Versa Turfs. My very initial impressions are that deep snow traction is improved and compacted snow traction is about the same. They do look cool. I’ll try to chime in in about a year with some more detailed feedback.View attachment 687628View attachment 687629View attachment 687630
Those look good

I run turfs and bar chains. The combination has worked well for a decade.

/ Carlisle Versa Turf #7  
I run turfs and bar chains. The combination has worked well for a decade.
+ + +
Standard turf, filled, and V bar ladder chains is what I have used on 2 compact tractors now... If I were to have to replace tires I would look into the R14...

What little research I have done tells me there are not many sizes the R14 is available in at this time.. I would hope, presume that will change with time..

/ Carlisle Versa Turf #8  
Late to the party but I havn't found many comments on how versa tires do in the mud. Figured this was a good post to add my 2cents. I am impressed with how well they do in wet conditions. Here are some pictures of a roadway drainage ditch I cleaned out. It mostly fine sediment runoff from a dirt road. The last picture was my first attempt for a pass through. I had a loader full and front tires where buried and I was trying to back out. I thought I was going to have to dump it and push out because I couldn't back out. Instead of dumping it, I just lifted the front and powered forward and easily clawed my way through. Even when filled with mud you can still feel them bite in. The picture of the tires is when I dumped that bucket. I had to grab those two snap shots because I was in Aww. After almost getting stuck in mud on my first attempt, I went in for another attack with some confidence. I was less aggressive with how much dirt I was grabbing. I started skimming an inch or two till the loader was full. And repeat till I was done. Diff lock the whole time. The sloppy mess, I took after multiple passes. The next day I had to go play in the mud some more and open up another ditch that was fill with water. The second ditch, I attempted in the past with turf tires when it was this wet and couldn't do anything. I really don't think R4s would have done this well. My first real test was digging into rock pile that used to be barn foundation after a rain. The tires had enough bite to push into some farly large chucks of stone and still fill my bucket to capacity.

Attachments

• KIMG0208.jpeg
    KIMG0208.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • KIMG0207.jpeg
    KIMG0207.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
  • KIMG0206.jpeg
    KIMG0206.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • KIMG0205.jpeg
    KIMG0205.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
   / Carlisle Versa Turf #9  
Just put a set on my Kioti CS2410. Have to say they are really good did some loader work moving compost and they never slip even on dormant grass where the snow just melted.
IMG-20230415-WA0002.jpeg

/ Carlisle Versa Turf #10  
Well, since everyone else is showing them off...

20200521_155824.jpg

I put Versa Turfs on my 1025R as soon as I could, as I absolutely hated the R4's it came with. I liked the Versa Turfs so much that when I purchased my Kioti I had R14's put on, as that was the closest comparable tire I could get. They're great in snow, good in mud, and a relatively easy on the lawn. Definitely worth the money.