Carrying Firewood with Compact Tractor

/ Carrying Firewood with Compact Tractor #51  
Yeah, I think that is definitely abnormal.

/ Carrying Firewood with Compact Tractor #52  
Jackie-

Easy to do, no straps, etc..

Just screw two pieces of 2 x 4's on the bottom of the plywood with wooden spacers the thickness of the front edge or your bucket.
Make sure the plywood sets into the bucket as far back as possible.
Always load the bucket first which will then support the weight on the plywood that extends outwards.
Use a good grade of plywood.

P1050741-001.JPGP1050740-001.JPGP1050733.JPG

I'll say! How do you secure the plywood FEL extension? I was thinking about doing something similar, but using some sort of cable/rope to my bucket hooks. I'd like to keep it as simple as possible.

/ Carrying Firewood with Compact Tractor #53  
If you have already cut your wood to length, buy yourself an 250 gallon IBC tote. You can get them quite cheap used. Don't get the ones for potable water as they are quite expensive. Take the plastic container out and you have a nice size cage to load your firewood into. You need a set of pallet forks for your tractor to pick up the tote. Take it with you to where the wood is, fill, bring back to your storage area, grab another cage, repeat. The beauty of this is you only handle the wood once. Tarp it and pull wood from cage as needed. These units are stackable. I do not go more than two high. and can be moved by hand when empty.

Good luck,
Max

Last edited: