/ Carter's ez-hitch #1  

tjkubota93

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota bx1860
Has anyone used this? I am considering it. 1460955158242.jpg

/ Carter's ez-hitch #2  
Has anyone used this? I am considering it. View attachment 465159

I used a set of them for a couple of years. What would you like to know? I don't use them now since I traded tractors that have telescoping lower links and stabilizers, but they were pretty handy on my Kubota L3400hst that had solid lower links and turnbuckle stabilizers. On the plus side they do not make your lower links any longer so your PTO shafts will all still fit. On the minus side they ride higher than the ball ends of your original link connection point, so make sure your lower links can go as low as you will need to make connections to the draw pins on your implements.

I did not have any problems with that, but it could be for some.

/ Carter's ez-hitch #4  
The ideas is the same, but the design is different and they sell for some less. To really be useful one needs the gizmo that holds the 3 pt apart at the proper distance. I've since bought a Landpride Quick Hitch, and even that has some complications for fitting every attachment that was purchased beforehand and before switching to a larger Kubota.

/ Carter's ez-hitch #5  
The ideas is the same, but the design is different and they sell for some less. To really be useful one needs the gizmo that holds the 3 pt apart at the proper distance. I've since bought a Landpride Quick Hitch, and even that has some complications for fitting every attachment that was purchased beforehand and before switching to a larger Kubota.

Agreed. It is somewhat simpler than a Pats. And as I pointed out, the Carters do not extend the lower link length. They also do not auto latch. But since you have to get off to connect the top link with either, I do not see that as much of a disadvantage.

/ Carter's ez-hitch #6  
To add some more.....

I think that owning a Kubota (e.g. BX) as a newbie is an evolutionary thing. There are so may things to learn and so many mistakes to make. A Newbie is satisfied if he can just get an attachment hooked up without killing his back. But the old timers aren't satisfied unless they have full hydraulics on the 3 pt and never get out of the seat to hook up or operate an attachment.:2cents:
Cheers,
Mike

/ Carter's ez-hitch #7  
To add some more.....

I think that owning a Kubota (e.g. BX) as a newbie is an evolutionary thing. There are so may things to learn and so many mistakes to make. A Newbie is satisfied if he can just get an attachment hooked up without killing his back. But the old timers aren't satisfied unless they have full hydraulics on the 3 pt and never get out of the seat to hook up or operate an attachment.:2cents:
Cheers,
Mike

Mike, you are correct, it IS a journey. And a long one at that.:)

/ Carter's ez-hitch #8  
I "used" mine for less than a year. I just might be the only one but, for me they were anything but easy.

Some implements were too low so I had to park them up on blocks just to get back under them.

They would hang up on the lynch pins and pop them off. Tried other things but that didn't work well either and was always hanging up on them.

They wouldn't work at all on some equipment hookups that were boxed in which you had to slide a pin through the lift arm.

Not enough clearance for them to hook up on all equipment.

I was actually working harder each time just to hook up my equipment. I was worn out before I could even start working. Finally I said, the h3LL with this. I took them off and WON'T be putting them back on.

If you're interested in a pair, I'll make you a deal.

/ Carter's ez-hitch #9  
I don't think the Carter's was misrepresented and are better than nothing. It's just that a 3 pt Quick Hitch is better and even it has some complications, especially when different sized attachments are involved. Sometimes the "education" gets expensive however. IMHO
Cheers,
Mike

/ Carter's ez-hitch #10  
I don't think the Carter's was misrepresented and are better than nothing. It's just that a 3 pt Quick Hitch is better and even it has some complications, especially when different sized attachments are involved. Sometimes the "education" gets expensive however. IMHO
Cheers,
Mike

You're right, Carter's wasn't misrepresenting their product and I didn't mean to make it sound that way.