Case 1370 White

/ Case 1370 White #1  

MCKS

Tractor
1370 White
I have a Case 1370 White tractor. Borrowed from my in-laws. Don’t know a ton about it.
Ran it out of fuel. Spent a long time getting it fired up again. Ran perfectly fine while we bailed 10 acres.
Parked it for a week and it wouldn’t start again. Came back a week later, still wouldn’t start.
Assuming it lost prime again. Pumped it up, cranked and cranked some more. Little bit of starting fluid (not excessive). Finally fired.
Ran up to probably 3/4 throttle. Injector pump shut off and throttle had no effect on it. Kept running at high RPM’s. Finally pulled the fuel line and killed it.
Looked everything over, tried again same results.

Any guidance before I tear into it or send it off to someone?

I’ve been pretty deep into my 180 Allis with good results. But, by no means a mechanic.

Thanks for the help.

/ Case 1370 White #2  
It sounds as if the inj pump control rack is stuck..
Remove the side cover on the inj pump, 2-10mm bolts.
Have someone pull and push the stop cable.. the control rack should move the 6 segments FULLY, left and right..
For future purposes.. ALWAYS LEAVE THE SHUT OFF CABLE IN THE RUN POSITION..

/ Case 1370 White
Thank you, I will check it out this evening and let you know what I find. Also appreciate the advise on the shut off cable.

/ Case 1370 White
It sounds as if the inj pump control rack is stuck..
Remove the side cover on the inj pump, 2-10mm bolts.
Have someone pull and push the stop cable.. the control rack should move the 6 segments FULLY, left and right..
For future purposes.. ALWAYS LEAVE THE SHUT OFF CABLE IN THE RUN POSITION..
Thanks for the advise. But it appears I’m a little lost. Removed the two 10mm bolts. But I’m guessing this is not what you were describing. Am I looking in the wrong place or is this a different pump than you assumed I had?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 108
   / Case 1370 White #5  
It’s the correct pump..
Pull and push the shut off lever while u look inside the pump..
The control rack should be moving all 6 of the cylinders..

/ Case 1370 White #6  
Whatever you do.. do not put a screwdriver in any of the segments.!!
They are the equal delivery to each cylinder..

/ Case 1370 White
Ok. Nothing moves at all inside there when I operate the shut off lever.

I’m not sure I understand what should be moving? The segments operate up and down by cam correct? What does the shut off lever control? Little different setup then my old Allis.

Last edited:
   / Case 1370 White #8  
It sounds as if the control rack is stuck..
Is that picture current.??
U have all the mounting bolts off.??

/ Case 1370 White
It sounds as if the control rack is stuck..
Is that picture current.??
U have all the mounting bolts off.??
Yes it is current. I do not have all of the mounting bolts off. My son started to remove the pump at his grandpa’s direction. I stopped him before he got all the way. The rear (between the pump and engine) mounting bolts are still in. The gear hasnt been touched yet. Everything is still in time.

/ Case 1370 White
Any advice on where I could find a manual or diagram on the pump? The manual for the tractor covers removal, but nothing on the pump itself.