Case cx36b ownership

/ Case cx36b ownership
I just bought one this past November for my 60 Volvo , unfortunately didn't get a chance to use it before winter set in. 51" hydraulic tilt Volvo brand , made in Sweden . I too was contemplating if I wanted to spend the extra money on the tiltable option. One of the my main uses will be for fixing washed out gravel roads on hillsides, we seem to be getting more and more gulley washer rains 5-6" . It seemed to me having the tilt option in this scenario would make it way easier and more efficient than having to tilt the whole machine with the blade. From what I've read anybody that has one really likes them. What size brand and pricing are you finding? From reading your posts sounds like your likeing the case, glad to hear.
I really do keep going back and forth. I dont earn money with the machine, but it saves me lots of time and time is money.

My friend has one for his business on a bobcat e42 but unfortunately he runs the bobcat couplers so no using it in the Case. Would have been best to try it out.

Probably going to go with a Mongo 36in if I go tilt. They come it around 3k I believe for that model.

If I can find a used regular bucket cheap I will likely go that direction but the tilt sure would be nice.

Really enjoying the Case so far. I have put around 40hrs on it so far so not a lot but it's done everything I have asked of it.

/ Case cx36b ownership
purchased a 32 wide bucket with the tilt attachment, use it on my Bobcat E32, for the most part its a handy tool, works great for landscaping as it conforms to the slope of the land, dug a few drainage ditches again it cuts the sides easily
Who makes it?

/ Case cx36b ownership #33  
this one is from Bobcat, assume the tile side is by them I would take a few pictures but its buried in snow, for my uses its a great attachment, using a standard bucket its impossible to get the slope of land unless the ex is positioned just right

the EX has the X change system, the tilting setup has the same setup to attach the bucket bit not powered so it allows me to hook any bucket or attachment to it, went this way because I am not limited to just the 32 inch bucket, it adds about 8 to 10 inches to the setup but I felt its worth it, not cheap but sure a handy piece of equipment

/ Case cx36b ownership #34  
Here's one you might want to check out,JB Scandinavian tilt grading buckets. Company is from UK and they have a office in Columbus GA. I just came across them on Internet . From the pictures they look to be pretty nice , all Bushed & greaseable pivots including the cylinder ends. They appear to have much more volume capacity per inch of width than the Mongo . Bunch of models one of which was a little over a meter wide at the flared cutting edge , $2590 free delivery in USA. They give a phone number which I believe is to their GA location. Probably worth a phone call.

/ Case cx36b ownership
SG I will check them out, thats a very reasonable price!

/ Case cx36b ownership
Swing motors on a mini....do they have their own oil that needs to be replaced like the final drives?

Thinking yes but can't find any info on this and would appreciate the help.

/ Case cx36b ownership #37  
I don’t think on your 36 there’s anything to change. Believe it uses system hydraulic fluid to lube reduction gears. Full size excavators have a reduction gear box that uses gear lube which I believe is changeable.

/ Case cx36b ownership
Ahhh that would make sense why I read about them yet find no info on actually changing it. Appreciate the help

/ Case cx36b ownership
Picked up a skid steer to give a try for a bit.

1999 751 with 1763 hrs. Kubota 4 cylinder 38hp
PXL_20220406_223001021.jpg
PXL_20220406_184537568.jpg

/ Case cx36b ownership
Haven't updated in a while.

Spent a bit of time this summer at a friend's house pulling out gardens, stumps, rocks. Building some small walls and redoing the back lawn.

Installed electric to an outbuilding and fixed a collapsed culvert.

But more firewood as well.
PXL_20230722_211310874.MP.jpg
PXL_20230715_200849837.MP.jpg
PXL_20230102_175318567.jpg
PXL_20230722_150458740.MP.jpg