Cattepillar HYDO Advanced 10?

/ Cattepillar HYDO Advanced 10? #1  

mudcat47537

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST, 53 Ford Jubilee
Anyone know if this is suitable for my tractor CK30hst. The Cat guy says yes and I got 10 gallons at a very good price but I cannot find any cross reference info on it. I guess it is fairly new. My Kioti manual recommends Mobil 424, Exxon Hydrol 560, Dontax TD/TDplus.

/ Cattepillar HYDO Advanced 10? #2  
http://parts.cat.com/parts/machine-fluids/oils/hydraulic-oil/cat-hydo-advanced-10

Here is a link to Cat Hydo Advanced 10. It has been available for at least 5 years and is a SAE 10 oil. Cat's equivalent to Mobil 424 is Cat MTO. It is an oil they used to use in their backhoe loaders when they were equipped with Ford/New Holland axles.

Note the viscosity at 100 degrees C is 9.3 for Mobil 424 and 6.7 for Hydo Advanced. Cat's spec shows it won't shear down with use meaning it will retain its 6.7 viscosity from oil change to oil change. Mobil claims excellent shear stability.

I wouldn't see any problem using the Advanced 10 in temperatures up to about 105 degrees F. It's what I use in my Cat mini-excavator but I admit to having a 5 gallon pail of MTO which I use in two of my Kubotas because it is a direct interchange with Kubota UDT.

/ Cattepillar HYDO Advanced 10?
MHarryE that was what I had come the conclusion of pretty much. Mobil 424 is an approved fluid and it meets Cats TO-2 spec but not the newer supposedly tougher TO-4 that the HYDO meets. I am going to contact Kioti and see if they will tell me anything. I probably visited 20 different web sites last night.
We seldom get 100+ temps and the 10w seems to match out range here in IN. better than the 30w.

Thanks

/ Cattepillar HYDO Advanced 10? #4  
Mudcat:

Are you sure the HYDO meets TO-4 specifications? TO-4 is a transmission oil with additives for wet clutches and brakes; HYDO appears to be a straight hydraulic oil that is not suitable for oiled friction surfaces like clutches and brakes.

Doesn't your tractor have wet brakes?

/ Cattepillar HYDO Advanced 10? #5  
You are right - HYDO Advanced 10 does not meet TO-4. Cat's TDTO oils are for transmission and drive train.

/ Cattepillar HYDO Advanced 10?
Yes it looks like it, Thanks FF. I'm going to go with the Traveler from TSC will give me piece of mind and really about the same cost.