Caught my first one

/ Caught my first one #51  
Snow snakes are real...but not real snakes. I have heard stories of people walking in the snow and being tripped by a snow snake...a water hose left out, and when covered with snow makes a tripping hazard.

/ Caught my first one #52  
Never saw a snake in the snow.. I have a bunch that scare the crap out of me every time I open my shed doors.. Northern water snakes, kind of aggressive to.. I normally send them on there way but once in a while I get a fat four footer that I have to dispatch because they won't leave without a fight..
I've seen it a couple of times while out hunting; the first was a big garter snake which was lethargically laying amid patches of snow. I thought briefly about bringing him back to the truck to warm him but... nah. The second was a little green grass snake which was hanging from a limb on a grey birch tree out in back of my place; again, I was deer hunting in the snow on Thanksgiving weekend. I don't even know if he was alive, but suspect that he was in the tree when the cold got him.

Here's a girl who doesn't mind water snakes... This girls fears anything! She catches Aggressive Water Snakes! - YouTube