CAUTION: Graphic L-39 Action Images

/ CAUTION: Graphic L-39 Action Images #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
Got the ANBO Hydraulic Grappler installed and operating this weekend and quickly went to work incinerating a dozen huge stumps excavated with the BT1000 BH! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 718568-Grapple Fire1.jpg
    718568-Grapple Fire1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 920
   / CAUTION: Graphic L-39 Action Images
The ANBO Grappler is one sweet piece of heavy duty steel, really makes the job allot easier! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 718572-Grapple Fire2.jpg
    718572-Grapple Fire2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 750
The Grapple is much handier than the bucket & toothbar combination for this kind of work, the remote hydraulics perform flawlessly from the comfort of the operator's seat.

Attachments

• 718576-Grapple Fire3.jpg
    718576-Grapple Fire3.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 688
When the goin' gets really tough, the L-39 Kubota really gets goin' /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 718578-Grapple Fire4.jpg
    718578-Grapple Fire4.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 723
   / CAUTION: Graphic L-39 Action Images #5  
Harry potter and the burning pile?:)

/ CAUTION: Graphic L-39 Action Images #6  
How many teeth do you have? (I mean... on the grapple) What's the weight of the grapple?

Playing in fire like that... I hope you grease your zerks often. (I'm thinking about the pivot pins)

Is it not a bit dangerous doing that?

Now I know what an action shot is.

/ CAUTION: Graphic L-39 Action Images #7  
Thanks for the photos! Ya know we all love photos.
That Grapple is like a big hand, a monster claw.

When we are doing burning, which we do a lot of owning an olive farm with all the pruning, if we don't have a water source near the burning we fill the huge sprayer up with water and hook it up to the 3 pt hitch. The tractor then serves as a firetruck water tanker.

You might have heard about the forest fires in France, and also Portugal. Our farm was the southwestern border of a huge fire. I came within 200 ft on my east side and 800 ft on my north side of getting burned down. We had at least 50 firefighters on our property, with probably 20 pieces of equipment. We evacuated 3 times. The fires burned from Thursday and finally finished with a little one just over the big hill next to our house, on Sunday.

Thought the tip about using the sprayer as a fire tanker might be of use for you. Again, I envy your Grapple...

/ CAUTION: Graphic L-39 Action Images #8  
um, you do know that there is deisel fuel in that potentially explosive device you are sitting on....right?

Just dont want your next thread to be one from the hospital or the heavenly wonders.

Be careful

I was thinking I could disconnect one of the front hydraulic remotes and spray hydraulic fluid @ 2,750psi into the flames to help them out a little..... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The grapple has 11 teeth and weighs 830 pounds with two 3" hydraulic cylinders for about 20,000 pounds of clamping force.