Celebrities I have met

/ Celebrities I have met #101  
Two categories here, met and seen in person. I lived and worked in L.A. many years ago so you would see celebrities from time to time.
Met:
Richard Kiel (Jaws in Bond movies), chatted with him in an airport while waiting to board.
Mohamed Ali, twice at fund raising dinners - brief conversations when he visited every table to shake hands with everyone there - two different times - couple of years apart.
Seen:
Jack Lemon, on Hollywood Blvd.
Dinah Shore, at a camera shop
Sidney Poitier, at a movie theater, with his wife.
Bette Midler, at an iconic hamburger place, with her husband.
Sylvester Stallone, sat next to his entire family, on a patio at a restaurant in Palm Springs
John Spencer, actor on L.A. Law, at a restaurant
Howard Hessman, WKRP Cincinnati sitcom actor, at a movie theater
Don Knotts, at a movie theater
Carroll O'Connor, on the street in west L.A.
Sterling Hayden, at J.C. Penney
Royal Dano, at J.C.Penney

Those are the ones I can recall now, probably others as I lived in L.A. for 17 years.

Last edited:
   / Celebrities I have met #102  
Well like 10 years ago, I ran into Ice Cube on a plane heading to Atlanta. We already saw him boarding, so knew he was on the flight. There was a problem with the bathroom in first class, so the elite had to utilize our plebeian facilities. So I'm in there peeing, finish up, open the door, and there's Cube standing there. I'm like, "what's up Ice Cube!". He responded, "What up man, thanks." He said thanks coz I held the door for him. See, that's how friends talk to each other...that's right, we tight now like that. :ROFLMAO:

/ Celebrities I have met #103  
I was at the car rental counter at Jackson Hole WY. airport back in 2009. I was next in line but the clerk served the guy behind me instead. I was a little ticked off but kept my cool. It turned out to be Ralph Lauren, the fashion designer! I had no idea who he was at the time. He graciously corrected the situation when he realized what the clerk had done. My wife was nearby with our bags and she sure recognized him. She was jumping up and down with excitement! She told me later who he was.

/ Celebrities I have met #104  
I was at the car rental counter at Jackson Hole WY. airport back in 2009. I was next in line but the clerk served the guy behind me instead. I was a little ticked off but kept my cool. It turned out to be Ralph Lauren, the fashion designer! I had no idea who he was at the time. He graciously corrected the situation when he realized what the clerk had done. My wife was nearby with our bags and she sure recognized him. She was jumping up and down with excitement! She told me later who he was.
my buddy painted his car in the early 90s, ended up working for the co. it was a mid 60s 12 cylinder ferrari, i drove it up and down the street....maybe 1/4 mile....red