Century 2535 - need a new head

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #11  
Yanmar 3T90L head pictures abound on the web. Are you able to visually match it up with what you've got?

/ Century 2535 - need a new head
I am taking the head to a machine shop tomorrow to see if it’s repairable. I called a different Branson dealer and they recommended trying to fix it first but did say there are parts still available. It is the Kukje 3T90L engine.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #13  
There's a thread on TBN from 2004 about this. Seems to raise additional possibilities -post #5 says 2535 may have a Mitsubishi engine?

It is a kukje 3T90L but thanks
44CA3763-B98F-419D-AA20-6635B8679CEA.jpeg

Last edited:
I was told that is not the same head and will not work but thanks

Tractor data say its a Kukje, who is now owned by tym, so maybe start with a TYM dealer, and then a regional rep on some help. Maybe they can find one in Korea and throw it in a parts shipment.
Called TYM directly and they confirmed no more new heads. They were great and actually called around to some of the bigger dealers but no one has one. Guess fingers crossed that it can be fixed.

I took the head to a machine shop today. Unfortunately they said no way. Too many cracks that are deep and right next to the valve. so Now what? Salvage yard? Try to get a new crate motor? Any ideas if there is a motor that would just drop in? I am at a loss so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
   / Century 2535 - need a new head #19  
Salvage yard or look into repower with Mitsu S3L which apparently was put into these per prior post.
There's also the custom cnc head replacement option which might not be terrible for a 3 cylinder but still will be high dollar

Last edited:
   / Century 2535 - need a new head #20  
How different is the Yanmar head from the Kukje version? Maybe a machinist could adapt it.