Century 2535 - need a new head

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #21  
I hate to say it, but you're probably better off just getting a whole replacement engine and adapting it to fit.

Is your tractor gear drive or hydro?

Maybe an engine swap won't be all that bad?

I guess how bad you want to save this one vs. buying another tractor? Don't know how likely it would be to find a "junker 2535" that still has a running engine.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head
I am not opposed to an engine swap but I don’t even know where to begin finding one that would fit. Any idea what it may be worth to salvage? I dont want to part it out.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #23  
I am not opposed to an engine swap but I don’t even know where to begin finding one that would fit. Any idea what it may be worth to salvage? I dont want to part it out.
I would call a lot(all?) of tractor wreckers first to see if they have a good head or engine for your tractor. Also do some research on what else that engine may have been used in over here or anywhere else, NZ Aus GB? Back up generators, etc? I think you will be losing many many thousands of dollars by selling it to a wrecker, so spending some time and money to get a head would be worthwhile, to me anyways?

So we have established getting a new one is not possible and that the old one is beyond repair. I was also told today that there are no options for dropping in another engine directly and retro fitting one would cost more then the tractor is worth. Does anyone have any advice about selling it for salvage or would any dealer take it in on trade? Value? Scrap it? i am in NY air that makes a difference.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #26  
There was a used one sitting on a Kubota dealers lot in Lynchburg VA a few weeks ago. It looked like it had been used hard or at least had been stored outdoors, but I do not know what kind of mechanical condition it is in. You could try contacting kubotaoflynchburg.com (434-239-2421) to see if is worth your effort. Your dilemma makes me wonder if I should consider moving my 2535, but it is such a handy machine and still running great after 1700+ hours W.Jones

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #27  
This is a real shot in the dark, but any chance an Onan Branded 3 cylinder diesel would be the same or similar? Sometimes the electrical generator head unit fries and that leaves a Good diesel engine

as an example here is a Onan diesel gen set 3 cylinder
this one says Perkins though

Onan 4KW 3 Cylinder Diesel Genset, Approx. 2K Hours. Run Tested | eBay

Any chance this outfit could help?

Last edited:
There was a used one sitting on a Kubota dealers lot in Lynchburg VA a few weeks ago. It looked like it had been used hard or at least had been stored outdoors, but I do not know what kind of mechanical condition it is in. You could try contacting kubotaoflynchburg.com (434-239-2421) to see if is worth your effort. Your dilemma makes me wonder if I should consider moving my 2535, but it is such a handy machine and still running great after 1700+ hours W.Jones
Thanks for the tip. I will reach out.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #29  
I find it crazy that another 3 cylinder engine would not fit. I feel like the transmission on most all of these are the same. they changed the engine but looks like the frame stayed the same through Branson. I would also think as long as the engine would bolt to the trans, the motor mounts could be fabricated to match. fuel and wiring would be an easy adaption. I have a 2535 and because of parts availability I have been thinking of this as well. clutch and motor.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #30  
I would also think as long as the engine would bolt to the trans
That's a big assumption. I doubt that a Yanmar and a completely different engine like say a Cummins designed Kukje have the identical interface between the engine and transmission. It's like expecting a Ford engine to bolt up to a Chevy transmission.

However a Yanmar and a Kukje-made copy of the same model Yanmar are a lot more likely to match.

If it were me and I could not find a good used head, I'd try to find out more about the differences between the broken Kukje/Yanmar head and the readily available Yanmar head. It might not be too much work to adapt the Yanmar head.