Cervical Radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck)

/ Cervical Radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck) #11  
I have been in pain for 14 years after a fall.
Have tried everything.
Best thing for me now is time on an inversion table.
Cheers.

/ Cervical Radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck)
wow.. thanks for the replys.
it's good to hear that others have been thru this and got help..
I've been dealing with lower back issues for years, but not in this league.. I'm exhausted with the pain and tingling numbness.

I expected a call about the MRI today but didn't happen. I did get a call about starting PT next week so hopefully progress will be made. Thanks again..Tim

I have been in pain for 14 years after a fall.
Have tried everything.
Best thing for me now is time on an inversion table.
Cheers.

First: sorry you haven't healed BLUE; heres hoping you finally become pain free.

Second: I've been thinking of buying an inversion board for 15 years, but when I'd mention it someone would talk me out of it with tales of no help (and just a waste of money). I always thought it would ease the lower back issues I have.. just using logic I think it would take pressure off the discs and help the aching back.. Wonder if it would help my neck.. where's your pain BLUE ME, any neck issues? Anyone else use an inversion table?

/ Cervical Radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck) #14  
First: sorry you haven't healed BLUE; heres hoping you finally become pain free.

Second: I've been thinking of buying an inversion board for 15 years, but when I'd mention it someone would talk me out of it with tales of no help (and just a waste of money). I always thought it would ease the lower back issues I have.. just using logic I think it would take pressure off the discs and help the aching back.. Wonder if it would help my neck.. where's your pain BLUE ME, any neck issues? Anyone else use an inversion table?
If it was me I would wait for your MRI results and see what your physical therapist says. If I remember correctly on your first visit, you will see a PT she will do an evaluation and lay out the direction for care then a PTA follows that care and the PT will evaluate the PTA's charting. Now depending on where you go you could stay with full fledged PT through out your physical therapy, but don't count on it. Follow what the physical therapist says! Your MRI results and the PT's charting is going to determine if you see a surgeon or not. With my neck surgery the PT, called the surgeon pushed for the MRI and got the ball rolling. To get rid of my neck pain, they fused three levels, then router cuff on left and right, all in a year 11/2. The neck surgery was a walk in the park compared to the router cuff. I also have spinal stenosis, two years ago I was a mess. They did some injections in the lower back and took care of that. This past winter me and another guy built a 30 x 72 pole building so I am doing MUCH better. For me it all started with the PT. If you want to PM me feel free. Steve

/ Cervical Radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck) #15  
The Yoga studio has an inversion table.
I get on it and invert from time to time.
Nice, but no big deal.

However, I do not have back problems. And I certainly can notice a stretched out feeling along my spine after inverting.

I just like feeling like an astronaut in space.

Last edited:
   / Cervical Radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck) #16  

I have a bad disc in neck,mid back and lower back.
5 or 10 min. on inversion table once in awhile keeps me pain free for days.
I swear by it.

/ Cervical Radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck) #17  
I had an EF4 tornado hit me while home. Banged me and swmbo up pretty good. She had a broken leg and I hit my head pretty hard. I finally got tired of dropping stuff with my left hand going numb and unable to grip with it. Off to the neurosurgeon that took care of me many years ago by removing a lower disc in my back. Gave me my life back as I could not walk at all anymore at 32 years old, at the time. He did the MRI thing and some other xrays and said I had a bad compression on the 3'd disc. He scheduled an operation and cleaned it up and screwed in a titanium plate to hold everything together. They go in from the front of the neck to do this. Check youtube if you want to see a neurosurgeon do this while being filmed. Fixed me for awhile. Now the one above and the one below is causing a problem. I went back and he sent me for the steroid injection. Worked for a month or so and now it's back to getting bad again. Right hand going numb, left hand getting that tingling feeling like it's gone to sleep. Very frustrating. At 59, this is getting old! Guess I'll have to see the doc again, he already did another MRI to diagnose the recent trouble. I have to be very careful not to pick anything heavy up with my left hand or I will pay for it the next week or so. :grumpy:

/ Cervical Radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck) #18  
gwstang,
That sucks... two years ago they fused three levels in my neck. Over working the disc above and below where they fused it, was a concern of my surgeon. Never had the guts to ask what do you do when that happens.... at that time I was just concerned about getting it fixed. Things are OK now and it was worth it. feel you pain and hope everything works out.

I have to be very careful not to pick anything heavy up with my left hand or I will pay for it the next week or so. :grumpy:

I was feeling pretty good (not great, but ok) for the first time in a month or so this past friday, on saturday woke up thinking I had turned the corner on this thing.. so I carefully helped out around our little farm.. help the wife start a mower and even did a small patch for her..gosh I felt good! I helped empty one of our sheds so we can start to organize tools..No I didn't think I overdid it...............:dance1:

I'm still paying for my lapse. Woke up sunday in as much pain as the worst of it.. monday just as bad.. tuesday slight improvement .. today still in pain with pins and needles in my left hand.. Don't think I'll be doing too much in the foreseeable future... Should find out how bad I am next week, MRI on monday.:(

/ Cervical Radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck) #20  
Irwin, whatever happened with the PT?