chainsaw fuel questions

/ chainsaw fuel questions #21  
Always purchase premium gasoline for my one lung engines, both 2 and 4 stroke and lace it with Seafoam.
I don't usually need to store gasoline for more than a year but I do think the premium stuff stays fresher longer. So far, good success with starting and running equipment even after being stored for a period of time
Don't know why the check out lady at TSC always asks for my ID when I purchase Seafoam however.

/ chainsaw fuel questions #22  
Four saws, Husq and Efco pole, Echo trimmer. all run on plain old high test. Never Stabil or Seafoam. I always use Husq 2-cycle oil 5-:1. Never a problem, always start on a couple of pulls. I cut about 8 cords per year, firewood and cleanup.

I try to leave them full when not in use, same as the 4-strokes.

YMMV but 5 gallons of premium gas doesn't cost much more than regular. At 20 cents higher/gallon , it's just 1$ more for the fill up ?

/ chainsaw fuel questions #23  
Four saws, Husq and Efco pole, Echo trimmer. all run on plain old high test. Never Stabil or Seafoam. I always use Husq 2-cycle oil 5-:1. Never a problem, always start on a couple of pulls. I cut about 8 cords per year, firewood and cleanup.

YMMV but 5 gallons of premium gas doesn't cost much more than regular. At 20 cents higher/gallon , it's just 1$ more for the fill up ?

I think you mean 50:1.:)

/ chainsaw fuel questions #24  

I think you mean 50:1.:)

/ chainsaw fuel questions #25  
   / chainsaw fuel questions #26  
Just saw that 6 pack deal at Lowes the other day, brings it down to under $5.00 a quart.

Yeah, that is best price I have found. My equipment really runs well on it.

/ chainsaw fuel questions
Since I started this thread, I get to post an update, even though it isn't anything exciting. But, I needed to use my chainsaw today, so I filled it up with the Lowe's canned fuel, and MAN!! it ran perfectly, like a new saw. I put a dollop of Sea Foam in for good measure. Hopefully, I can mix up some non-ethanol gas I got, and that will serve me almost as well. I noticed that the canned stuff is "at least" 92 octane, which would reinforce those who suggested premium gas, too. I'm thinking that mixing up more than I can use in 6 months is a bad idea. Just means precision measuring, I guess.

/ chainsaw fuel questions #28  
Just saw that 6 pack deal at Lowes the other day, brings it down to under $5.00 a quart.

I can buy no ethanol gas and use synthetic 2 cycle oil cheaper than that stuff. $5.00 a quart is expensive fuel

/ chainsaw fuel questions #29  
I found out last week that my saw dealer sells straight gas. He doesn't advertise this so I was surprised. Found out he does have the proper permit or what ever. $4.50/gal as of last week.

/ chainsaw fuel questions #30  
I think I paid $4.30 for it the other day. I filled up 4 of my 5 gallon containers