Chainsaws

/ Chainsaws #13  
I'm still "a round", because I never was a square... lol

Anyway, all of my "useful" saws are Husqvarna... I'll probably stick with that brand because Husky saws have been good reliable saws for me.

SR
I went a long way back to 2001 and read some of the threads, a lot of the same questions being asked with good answers.
Was wondering if some of the people who were answering the questions then were today answering the same questions.

/ Chainsaws #14  
Follow your dream and buy a can of JD green paint. of the two Stihl is a better choice.

/ Chainsaws #15  
My JD dealer sells John Deere tractors,but no JohnDeere chainsaws,he sells Stihl instead.It doesnt seem ethical.I figured a green chainsaw would have to be the best! No?

Could buy an Older Deere saw:

Early (1960s) JD-branded chainsaws were made by Remington, and were based on some of Remington's most popular models of the day - especially the PL-4 and the MightyMite.

Later JD chainsaws (1970s into the 1980s) were made by Kioritz Corporation in Japan, makers of Echo chainsaws

Still have my JD string trimmer built by ECHO my guess is the saws are well built to

Lots of used ebay "JD" saws

https://www.ebay.com/i/143681711683...8Ck1bQ1Lxg5Pl-Ehw4XHTgNUju-2S8OkaAk8qEALw_wcB

/ Chainsaws #17  
My JD dealer sells John Deere tractors,but no JohnDeere chainsaws,he sells Stihl instead.It doesnt seem ethical.I figured a green chainsaw would have to be the best! No?

Ask your J.D. dealer if he can get you a John Deere 703JH with the Waratah 622b attachment, then you won't need to carry a chainsaw around anymore.

/ Chainsaws #18  
Beaver Blades | Trimmer Parts | MFG Supply

put these on string trimmers to cut small brush flush to ground, no bending over.

Your typical grass cutting string trimmer will not handle one of those. They simply do not have the power for acceptable performance as a brush or clearing saw. Personally, I stay away of the Beaver blades or other chainsaw tooth type on my brush clearing saws, be cause they rob much more power than cutting with a Maxi blade (one of the types that looks a bit like a circular saw blade).

/ Chainsaws #19  
I use the Stihl circular saw type blades on my FS110 and they work well on that size brush cutter.
Have an Echo CS490 with 18 and 20" bars and have been happy so far. Cut up about a dozen large ash plus the usual maintenance with no issues.