Change out rear tire chains.

/ Change out rear tire chains. #1  

TractorTYMe

Veteran Member
Tractor
TYM T474 HST
Found it was time to change out the rear tire chains, wasn't really satisfied with the Duo239 H-pattern 10mm chains, in snowman snow the center of the H turns to a big snowball making the ride so bad it wrecks my back. And they really don't grip on really hard ice enough for me and the hilly driveway.

1310.jpg

Old Duo239 H-pattern 10mm chains.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 132949.jpg

New Aqualine MPC, I do not have much fender clearance. I wished for Aqualine Talons, but they would have been at risk of hammering up the fender.

/ Change out rear tire chains. #2  
I purchased this style tire chains a few years ago and they really grip the ice.

KC

/ Change out rear tire chains.
Like I said.........I wished for such chains....but fender clearance.

/ Change out rear tire chains. #4  
Spacers?

That's what I put on the little BX25D...mostly so it wouldn't blow over, but in the process it created room for tire chains.

/ Change out rear tire chains. #5  
Found it was time to change out the rear tire chains, wasn't really satisfied with the Duo239 H-pattern 10mm chains, in snowman snow the center of the H turns to a big snowball making the ride so bad it wrecks my back. And they really don't grip on really hard ice enough for me and the hilly driveway.

View attachment 835652

Old Duo239 H-pattern 10mm chains.

View attachment 835653

New Aqualine MPC, I do not have much fender clearance. I wished for Aqualine Talons, but they would have been at risk of hammering up the fender.
I would have thought that you would have had room for the Talons if the dou grips cleared.
One set of my Euro studded chains on the IH574 is close but has never touched;
100_4175.JPG

100_4186.JPG

But those MPC's should give you good traction and a good ride.

/ Change out rear tire chains.
LouNY, I rather not find out later that they didn't. I can save the other Duo chains for logging in the woods. But MPC's will be much more comfortable for snow removal indeed.

/ Change out rear tire chains. #7  
I would be surprised if they don't provide better traction in snow and ice then the Duo's, mud the Duo's might be better.

/ Change out rear tire chains. #9  
OP,
if you haven't purchased yet you might look at OFA chains (mine are easy on 5 EasyOn 5 | EasyOn | Tractor and Snow Chains | Products | OFA )- I got mine from Windy ridge in NH at the suggestion of someone here. Great chains, great ride and a fraction of the cost of aquilines. I know we get the same snow.
The Easyon 5's are very similar to the Aquiline MPC's, they are both good lighter duty chains that will work good.