Changing Mig Wire

/ Changing Mig Wire #41  
I struggled understanding a MIG welder when I first bought one. The wire speed determines the AMPs of the welder. A dirty liner will slow the feed of the wire or make it unreliable. The welder will totally frustrate you. Very important to have a clean liner. Also, very important to not "kink" your gun feed. I always make sure I'm letting the feed lay in a relaxed position and not bent sharply around anything. I use a 15' feed. If kinked or bent sharply it won't weld for crap.

/ Changing Mig Wire #42  
2# spool is small enough you can hold it in your left hand and feed the end into the liner before attaching it to the feeder.

What gets me is how some of you can't handle being told how your problem isn't a problem because we've already found ways to make it not a problem but you seem bent on insisting that since you couldn't figure it out that somehow we're demeaning you. We've given you the solution, but you still want to whine about it.

Just being blunt and sincere like someone's sig line claims they are. ;)

What gets me is the know it all goofs that just because they have not experienced an issue think it does not exist or that they are omnipotent mechanical masters...guess again goofy...!

And BTW buster...you have not told me anything of any value I did not already know

/ Changing Mig Wire #43  
You want some fun? Try a 2# spool of .035 309 SS!

There's nothing short of deep cleaning or liner replacement that would get me to pull my gun off the feeder. That O-ring at the mount is responsible for keeping your shielding gas going out the right end of the hose, and every time you pull it off is one more opportunity to ruin that seal and possibly introduce air into your shielding gas via venturi suction.

My intention was never to get anyone's goat or panties wadded, but to explain that I wouldn't even consider removing the gun to change wires. Honestly, the thought of such a method had never crossed my mind. There's no sense to it IMO.

/ Changing Mig Wire #44  
What gets me is the know it all goofs that just because they have not experienced an issue think it does not exist or that they are omnipotent mechanical masters...guess again goofy...!

And BTW buster...you have not told me anything of any value I did not already know

The last welds I made:

20160319_024506-1[1].jpg

Post yours. :rolleyes:

/ Changing Mig Wire #45  
I continue to follow threads like this one even though I think I learned what I need to know. Yes, I have better things I could do but I never know how much more entertainment I will receive... keep it up, guys!

/ Changing Mig Wire #47  
post what? a picture of an unorganized mess? LoL...!
Get a clue or some help...!

I can't find good help. Last guy I tried to hire wanted to pull the engine to change the alternator. Any relation of yours? :laughing:

/ Changing Mig Wire #48  
I can't find good help. Last guy I tried to hire wanted to pull the engine to change the alternator.... :laughing:
I have no doubt you actually tried to employ the guy...obviously it makes perfect sense...:thumbsup:

/ Changing Mig Wire #49  
I see your deductive reasoning is on par with your MIG electrode threading skills. :D