Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,881  
Right ultrarunner. Satellite always needs a clear shot - dish to satellite. My 80 acres has stands of ancient Ponderosa pines. But - luckily, a clear shot from the house.

Low clouds/ground fog disrupt my service the most. Not rain nor snow nor blowing dust. It's not that often and never lasts for long.

There is only some form of "wired" service in our small college town. That is twelve miles by road. Plus a mile down my driveway.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,882  
I was spending a lot on tree work at the rent house so tenants could have HD SAT.

No chance for wifi or tv via antenna so went on a 4 year quest to bring in Comcast...

Tenants would call to order service and get a confirmed date at move in and Comcast would come out and day sorry... not available.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,883  
After checking into options and using a wireless provider for several years I went with a DSL phone line from Ziply That's the current name of our local hard wired phone company. I don't have a wired phone, just the DSL service. The service is about $50 a month plus $10 per month to rent the wireless router. My speed is about 15 gigabits per second, five times as fast as my former wireless. I'm about a mile from the connection point. Speed will depend on distance from the service with further being slower. It could be worth investigating.
15gb must be fiber. My local POTS is old buried copper wire. They do offer Internet but back when I dropped them for cell phone use they only had 500K (with frequent outages). They also required you to pay for phone service in order to also pay for internet. Considering that the only local free numbers I could call was to a community of around 100 people and everything else was long distance it was a no brainer to go cell and drop them.

I happen to notice that Walmart and Straight Talk wireless is offering a Home internet deal. Buy the cellular router for $99 at Walmart and prepay $45/mo for unlimited internet. The service is over Verizon's network. Might be an option for some folks. It is possible it would work for me though I suspect I would need to find an address they would accept to activate the service from.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,884  
Roadworthy must have meant 15 Mb/s, not Gb/s. There is no 3 Gb/s wireless option (he mentioned 15 was 5x more than prior wireless).

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,885  
Roadworthy must have meant 15 Mb/s, not Gb/s. There is no 3 Gb/s wireless option (he mentioned 15 was 5x more than prior wireless).

I think so too. Keep seeing confusing stats related to Internet speed quoted here. Our service is pretty weak. The best we can ever get is about 12 Mbps.

Regardless of your service or connection, you can simply open www.fast.com and it will speed-test your connection and tell you the up/down speed.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,886  
I prefer www.speedtest.net Here is my results from a second ago. Depending on which band I can get the upload speed will drop to 1mbs at times. D/L can be as high as 65mbs