Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless
Maybe it would benefit ATT if they changed their SSN# requirement to something really radical like this - no SSN# required but when you fail to pay we will close your account. Can you imagine Amazon requiring a "credit check" to open an account! :rotfl:

That's the definition of a prepaid account, you pay, you get service. This is postpaid, we give you service , next month you pay for the service. If you want to buy something on amazon and not pay for it first then you need an amazon credit card, which does require a credit check.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #32  
You are not getting anything for "free"...they (ebates) is making money selling your personal information...they are making more money than they are paying you...there is no such thing as a free lunch...

I'm fine with that. If they want to sell my email address and home address, and pay me for it, more power to them. Thousands of other people get that information without giving me anything in return. Seriously, I can easily throw away my junk mail and my spam filter sorts out any crap from my email. It's not like I've given them my bank account or SSN or anything important.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #33  
Re: Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

Says you can share on existing data plan, for $10 month or get connected car unlimited plan for $20 month. However,it says "unlimited talk and text plan starts at $20 per month for 300 MB data plus $10 access charge per month" . that's the shared plan. For connected car you get 22GB.

I have to assume they are checking ODB signals to ensure it is in a car.

I will not buy ZTE equipment. This is from mainland china, not Taiwan. Their equipment is questionable...

They only get power from the OBD connector. It does not pull data from the car.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #34  
Re: Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

They only get power from the OBD connector. It does not pull data from the car.
How do you know?

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #35  
Hey now what an idea... Get everyone to use these obd WiFi hotspots.

Let the govt or whoever tsp in.. Track vehicles.. Heck.. Add in a qualcom chip.. Transmit, etc.

And.. Turn your car off when they want to.

Possibilities are endless. ;)

How do you know?

Says so in manual

Here is exactly what ZTE said.

The ZTE Mobley has no telematics interface with the OBD port and it cannot access any other pins outside of the power supply. Utilizing the OBD port delivers a semi-permanent solution that provides a more embedded Connected Car experience.

If your worried about them tracking your car though honestly unless you leave you cell phone at home they can do that already.... I believe its a 911 law to have phone transmit location.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #37  
Thanks, seems strange to have to stick it under your dash just for power, when my mifi I can power from anywhere.

Thanks, seems strange to have to stick it under your dash just for power, when my mifi I can power from anywhere.

They also sell USB plugs if you want to power it off a cell phone charger or USB battery bank. Ya mifi is a bit nicer but cost more and usually have to have phone service with them also.

|eBay link

Last edited:
   / Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #39  
Verizon gave me my mifi at no cost, now I have it on my shared data plan at $10 month. If you don't have a share plan, the Mobly at $20 is a good deal.

Verizon gave me my mifi at no cost, now I have it on my shared data plan at $10 month. If you don't have a share plan, the Mobly at $20 is a good deal.
Ya I should have got the mobley free also, but didn't want a contract, now that I know I like the service should have done it. Oh well.

Grand kids watch netflix non stop on there tablets over here and boy does it eat data :-0

May have to ask them to slow up bit.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Also those asking about fee's this is straight off the att website bill

Capture.JPG

Last edited: