Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1  

zimy

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota tractor
I love this forum but have never posted as basically all my questions are always answered with a simple search but I feel I finally have something to give back to this wonderful forum.

Device is called zte mobley

I signed up for this in late January and its been wonderful. $20 a month stand alone plan, no at&t cell phones services needed, very fast compared to what I was used to. Its made for cars, RV's and Semi trucks but with a simple adapter can be used in the home. I am using it to make this post.:laughing:

Here is a post about it.

$2 standalone Unlimited plan for the ZTE Mobley for cheap rural internet! - AT&T Wireless | DSLReports Forums.

I ordered my zte mobley through att website, they did send me a message the next day through email and I had to call and verify some stuff for security purposes then received in the mail a couple days later. Seems like others are just pickup up at best buy also but I am to far from a best buy. I ordered an adapter on amazon from seller vegjf and received in just 2 days.

Where ordered my adapter
Amazon.com: AC Adapter for AT&T ZTE Mobley OBD 2 LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot Device

My speeds are good as I do get decent at&t cell reception at my farm, cell tower is on the hill about a mile away, grand kids are able to watch there you tube and netfliks just fine and since unlimited I don't have to worry about it.

Just thought I would post as this is way cheaper than satellite and faster if you are able to get AT&T signal. If you don't get AT&T reception it won't work.

Thanks

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #2  
so how'd you get past the OBD port connection ?

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless
so how'd you get past the OBD port connection ?

With an AC adapter like this, I linked where I bought mine but they sell them on ebay too.

Ebay link

AC Adapter for AT&T ZTE Mobley ? OBD LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot Device $20 unlimited data | eBay

Ebay link doesn't seem to work.

eBay item number:252843711012

IMG_7915.JPG

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #4  
Do you have a link for that $20 plan?

Do you have a link for that $20 plan?

When you order the device through at&t website it gives you the plan option before checking out. Its $99 for it without contract month to month cancel any time or free with 2 year contract. I did the month to month and paid $99 for it but honestly its working so good I definitely plan on keeping for at least 2 years so probably should have just got it for free but oh well.
ZTE Mobley - Car Wi-Fi Hotspot Device - AT&T

If you get at best buy I think you can activate online also just have to do a bring my own device activation, just like activating a phone you bought.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #6  
I did see this tidbit:

After 22GB of data usage, AT&T may slow speeds

But still, that looks like a pretty good deal!

I did see this tidbit:

But still, that looks like a pretty good deal!

Ya that is if the cell tower get busy, in most rural area's that should never be a problem. Not a single person on the other website has been slowed and apparently this plan has been out almost a year now. Grandkids used a little over 70 GB last month and it never slowed but we are rural. We get about 20 down.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #8  
I love this forum but have never posted as basically all my questions are always answered with a simple search but I feel I finally have something to give back to this wonderful forum.

Really appreciate your post. :thumbsup: Never heard of the Mobley and it sounds like a great device/plan. Been thinking of getting an ATT plan as backup for our Verizon "Unlimited" plan which becomes dysfunctional after 22GB.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #9  
This is frankly hard to believe.. and surprising. data plans from most hot spots is about 10$ per gig. I don't see how at&t can offer this??

This is frankly hard to believe.. and surprising. data plans from most hot spots is about 10$ per gig. I don't see how at&t can offer this??

Ya its a pretty good deal, the plan was $40 last year and even then most said it was a good deal, att lowered the price to $20 earlier this year, even the people on the old $40 plan got the newer lower price automatically.