Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #92  
Either method can be made light duty, or heavy duty. So that general statement....while your opinion....is inaccurate.
I meant the designs we are seeing, on these tractors.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #93  
I meant the designs we are seeing, on these tractors.
Honestly I like the direct pin method.

Ive had loaders of both. Both had enough articulation to do everything I needed.

With lots more pivots on the 4-bar....a little bit of wear on pins and bushings is ALOT more noticeable. And its more grease points and more moving parts. I like KISS methods to designing stuff.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #95  
dealer comparison on post #24 says it all, cylinder size was decreased to speed up cycle time which lowered load capacity

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #96  
A couple of observations...it seems people are trying to make this into a bigger issue than it is.

Most observable is that if this were a fundamental design flaw, we would hear of loaders failing left and right. They are not, ergo, ipso facto, it is not a design flaw.

The video evidence clearly shows a previously damaged part. It doesn't take a structural engineer to understand that once metal is weakened, it is not ever going to be right.

We can also observe that the operator is using the loader in a way that is beyond the normal use. It is not, therefore, a stretch to say it is likely the operator has pushed the machine harder when the cameras were not rolling.

The most likely scenario, given the available evidence is that this was caused by operator error(s).

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #97  
ive been back dragging for 28 years o several different machines. never bent anything. but my tractors have never had wimpy cyllinders.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #98  
Honestly I like the direct pin method.

Ive had loaders of both. Both had enough articulation to do everything I needed.

With lots more pivots on the 4-bar....a little bit of wear on pins and bushings is ALOT more noticeable. And its more grease points and more moving parts. I like KISS methods to designing stuff.

The direct pin method isn’t inherently flawed but I think we can both agree that loader is horribly designed. I don’t think it ever made it to the cardboard prototype stage.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #99  
The direct pin method isn’t inherently flawed but I think we can both agree that loader is horribly designed. I don’t think it ever made it to the cardboard prototype stage.
Yes.... definitely ba horrible design

But I think we can also agree that the story the owner is trying to paint isn't exactly the whole truth either

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #100  
Yes.... definitely ba horrible design

But I think we can also agree that the story the owner is trying to paint isn't exactly the whole truth either

That’s what I said in my first post in this thread. Poor design or not a tractor FEL isn’t designed for stump buckets.