Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #211  
Rockmalenfant -- that was my post somewhere in the middle of these incredible 211 posts so far !! This has been educational, at times enlightening, at times mechanically puzzling, and at times very needlessly confrontational. Overall just crazy. I think it has been an unusual thread in that so much came out and so much was covered/explained/pointed out. I have to say I think I learned quite a bit AFTER that old post that you quote above with the two dealer's ad pages. My opinion has changed since that post. I no longer believe that there is anything "wrong" in some loader configuration because it lacks the pivot lever. A senior voice in all this has often been LD1, though he lost patience a few times.

To comment on your puzzling in post # 210: I think that MF produced and sold loader frames, especially for the 2760 size tractors, that was valid configured EITHER way -- with the pivot levers or without them. The loader frames were made so that the holes and pivot points are available and there to be used either way. It is NOT that either one is living in sin or wrong.

Since this soap opera started I have been paying more attention and seen numerous tractors out in the field, at dealers, at auctions, etc. some WITH and some WITHOUT the pivot levers. I certainly prefer the configuration WITH the pivot levers and feel that is less vulnerable to problems. However I have a Case loader on a Kubota of similar size WITHOUT the pivot levers and have gotten great service and zero damage out of it. This picture is of a local example which (like yours) uses a different plate out at the SSQA interface to the bucket which is appropriate for the no pivot lever setup. But see the frame for that loader also has the "holes" and the pivot points designed so it can be assembled either way.

I would not be concerned if I were you.

Actually if anyone is REALLY up tight about all this I have absolute confidence you can go to Massey and buy the SSQA hardware to configure your loader either way. It would cost a bundle to change. Would it be worth the money? Not in my opinion.

No pivot link extreme MF loader.jpg

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #212  
Rockmalenfant -- that was my post somewhere in the middle of these incredible 211 posts so far !! This has been educational, at times enlightening, at times mechanically puzzling, and at times very needlessly confrontational. Overall just crazy. I think it has been an unusual thread in that so much came out and so much was covered/explained/pointed out. I have to say I think I learned quite a bit AFTER that old post that you quote above with the two dealer's ad pages. My opinion has changed since that post. I no longer believe that there is anything "wrong" in some loader configuration because it lacks the pivot lever. A senior voice in all this has often been LD1, though he lost patience a few times.

To comment on your puzzling in post # 210: I think that MF produced and sold loader frames, especially for the 2760 size tractors, that was valid configured EITHER way -- with the pivot levers or without them. The loader frames were made so that the holes and pivot points are available and there to be used either way. It is NOT that either one is living in sin or wrong.

Since this soap opera started I have been paying more attention and seen numerous tractors out in the field, at dealers, at auctions, etc. some WITH and some WITHOUT the pivot levers. I certainly prefer the configuration WITH the pivot levers and feel that is less vulnerable to problems. However I have a Case loader on a Kubota of similar size WITHOUT the pivot levers and have gotten great service and zero damage out of it. This picture is of a local example which (like yours) uses a different plate out at the SSQA interface to the bucket which is appropriate for the no pivot lever setup. But see the frame for that loader also has the "holes" and the pivot points designed so it can be assembled either way.

I would not be concerned if I were you.

Actually if anyone is REALLY up tight about all this I have absolute confidence you can go to Massey and buy the SSQA hardware to configure your loader either way. It would cost a bundle to change. Would it be worth the money? Not in my opinion.

View attachment 729708
thanks for the clarification

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #213  
I am not even sure I like the implementation oi the 4-bar linkage on this particular loader.

Look at JRW's post of the 2815 loader and its direct pin then look at how much closer the 4-bar pin on the SSQA is in comparison to the direct pin.

Looks like with a flat bucket.....the direct pin has alot more mechanical advantage......which means more rollback force.
I agree with you the distance between the pin add leverage.