Chemtrails

/ Chemtrails #51  
There was a member here a few years ago that the world is flat. Quite a discussion ensued but he couldn't be swayed. This went on for a couple of weeks, then one day he posted "Really got you going, didn't I?"
But there really are "flat eathers" out there. And the apollo moon landing were a hokes.

/ Chemtrails #54  
Every civil jet which can operate at those altitudes is certified by the FAA (or equivalent authority) to FAA regulation FAR 34:

"SECTION: Sec. 34.31
Amendment Number: 34-5, Effective Date: 12/31/2012

TITLE: Standards for exhaust emissions.

SECTION RULE: (a) Exhaust emissions of smoke from each in-use aircraft gas turbine engine of Class T8, beginning February 1, 1974, shall not exceed a smoke number (SN) of 30.
(b) Exhaust emissions of smoke from each in-use aircraft gas turbine engine of Class TF and of rated output of 129 kN (29,000 lb) thrust or greater, beginning January l, 1976, shall not exceed

• SN=83.6(rO) −0.274 (rO is in kN).

(c) The standards set forth in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section refer to exhaust smoke emission emitted during operation of the engine as specified in the applicable sections of subpart G of this part, and measured and calculated in accordance with the procedures set forth in subpart G."

So after a very small amount of smoke which may be emitted, the rest of what can be seen is water vapour - not any conspiracy armageddon chemical. Relax about it and enjoy life without that being a worry - your FAA has it covered for you!
If you trust a federal agency to tell you the truth then you are a fool.

/ Chemtrails #55  
There have cases where chemicals have been sprayed for weather control. Mostly to turn hail into rain. In other cases it was to divert rain from certain areas.

In other cases cities have been targeted for experiments in the spread of bacteria/virus organisms.

/ Chemtrails #56  
Efficacy of aerial weather modification has been a hotly contested issue in aviation forever. Very little evidence it has ever produced results.

I have only known one fervent believer in conspiracies behind chemical infused condensate trails from aircraft. He was an otherwise very bright and nice guy, but sadly was forced in ****** Youth by the SS as a driver at the age of 12. As a result, he has for very good reason a lifelong conviction that the sole purpose of government is to lie to you. One of the things he worried about was what was added to jet fuel to poison we peons on the ground. No amount of reasoning with him (I actually know what is in jet fuel and why it is there - and he knew that) could convince him the chemistry of the fuel was to make an engine work as well as possible and the fuel to remain stable, nothing more, nothing less.

What amazes me is our societal pursuit of ignorance. Rather than learn and understand science, we celebrate truly stupid conspiracy theories. Not that such things aren't both possible and probable, but most of the tinfoil hat crowd simply doesn't apply and common sense, never mind scientific discipline to the probability of what they expound. The problem with that is the REAL conspiracies are dismissed by the noise of the false moon landing, contrail, Bilderberg, etc. nonsense.

/ Chemtrails #57  
Efficacy of aerial weather modification has been a hotly contested issue in aviation forever. Very little evidence it has ever produced results.

I have only known one fervent believer in conspiracies behind chemical infused condensate trails from aircraft. He was an otherwise very bright and nice guy, but sadly was forced in ****** Youth by the SS as a driver at the age of 12. As a result, he has for very good reason a lifelong conviction that the sole purpose of government is to lie to you. One of the things he worried about was what was added to jet fuel to poison we peons on the ground. No amount of reasoning with him (I actually know what is in jet fuel and why it is there - and he knew that) could convince him the chemistry of the fuel was to make an engine work as well as possible and the fuel to remain stable, nothing more, nothing less.

What amazes me is our societal pursuit of ignorance. Rather than learn and understand science, we celebrate truly stupid conspiracy theories. Not that such things aren't both possible and probable, but most of the tinfoil hat crowd simply doesn't apply and common sense, never mind scientific discipline to the probability of what they expound. The problem with that is the REAL conspiracies are dismissed by the noise of the false moon landing, contrail, Bilderberg, etc. nonsense.
ya, I thought they gave up on cloud seeding due to poor results many years ago. Pursuit of knowledge is overrated!

/ Chemtrails #58  

That is beautiful.

I couldn't agree more. I may borrow that (with citation given to the creator).

/ Chemtrails #59  
If you trust a federal agency to tell you the truth then you are a fool.
The irony here is that so many who don't trust the government to tell the truth will fall hook, line and sinker for theories expounded by social media "influencers", talk radio hosts, bloggers, etc. all quoting dubious sources to "prove" their points.
Yes, even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but just because you read it on the internet doesn't make it true. Keep in mind that many of these folks get paid by the number of "hits" their website, Youtube posts, etc. receive so there's a financial incentive to tell a good tale.

This is a known site to learn up on it.
I remember maybe 10-15 years ago seeing a bunch of "Jets Spray Us" signs with that website noted on it. Just to see what it was all about I checked it out. No offense to anyone who believes this, but it was tin foil hat city there. Didn't know that site was still around, haven't seen any of the signs in years.
Not saying that jet exhaust may not have adverse climate effects, but as some sort of control mechanism? I don't think so.

/ Chemtrails #60  
If that was true we would never have droughts or massive wildfires.
It’s not that simple. Cloud seeding has been dappled with but isn’t really an operational thing. Cost is high and benefits are marginal. I have heard of ski areas funding this in the past, nothing in recent years. There’s also the issue of “stealing moisture” from clouds to drop in one area and not another. Those air tanker planes are primarily focused on fire retardant use during summer fire seasons. Aerial retardant doesn’t suppress wildfires in forested locations. Too much fuel in those situations. The retardant drops are used to knock down the flaming front for awhile, providing an opportunity for hand crews and/or dozers to construct fire line.