Buying Advice Chinese tractor

/ Chinese tractor #1  

Leigh kohlman

Tractor
Luzhong Liz 504
Hi all please don't mistake me for spam in a can as I am a mere illiterate morsal that has no idea on anything .
I have just ordered a Chinese tractor are they ok if you use them carefully

/ Chinese tractor #2  
Welcome to the forum Leigh. Curious though, why didn't you ask that question before you ordered one?

//greg//

/ Chinese tractor #3  
Hi all please don't mistake me for spam in a can as I am a mere illiterate morsal that has no idea on anything .
I have just ordered a Chinese tractor are they ok if you use them carefully

Welcome but not sure those who know will have the heart to answer your question. :D

/ Chinese tractor #4  
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

I agree with Greg.
Is this your first tractor?
Will this be your first diesel engine too?

/ Chinese tractor #5  
Leigh - Welcome.
I was in your shoes a few years ago and I treat my tractor gently and it treats me well. It is strong, reliable, and easy to repair - especially with help from this forum.

Below are pictures of just two accomplishments. This tractor really serves me well!

Attachments

• IMG_1178.jpg
    IMG_1178.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 1,185
  • Feb2011 Snow.jpg
    Feb2011 Snow.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 1,019
Last edited:
   / Chinese tractor #8  
Leigh,

You said you just ordered a Chinese tractor - what specific one did you order? Just curious.

Did you order this from a dealer or are you self-importing or buying through an importer? This makes a big difference! If you are ordering from a reputable dealer, (there are a few), then you should receive a tractor that has been fully serviced and set up properly. If you are self-importing or ordering from one of the guys who sells them on Ebay and the like, you'll almost certainly have to do the set-up and prep on your own. In any case, you MUST be certain that this has been done before using the tractor.

Chinese tractors are typically shipped from the factory with garbage fluids in the engine, transmission, gear case and hydraulic systems. This junk absolutely has to be removed, the systems flushed out and then filled with the proper quality American fluids. If not done, you'll likely come to grief sooner, rather than later. If the proper prep is done, including checking all nuts and bolts, adjusting the clutch and changing the fluids, these tractors can and do live very long and useful lives.

Chinese tractors are basic machines with few or none of the modern bells and whistles - that makes the easy to work on, durable and dependable, provided you understand the limitations of all mechanical things and don't abuse them or go beyond their capabilities.

This is a good place to ask all your questions. There is a lot of knowledge and experience accumulated here and plenty of people willing to share. Just disregard the trolls who tell you should have bought a John Deere or whatever. Jingoism rears its head on these forums, too. :laughing:

/ Chinese tractor #9  
I love this site

Over time that love will only grow.

Keep in mine China puts space crafts into orbit, build bullet trains, planes and aircraft carriers, etc.

They can build a world class tractor.

While quality may vary from brand to brand I expect no one has purchased a new tractor for some time that does not have China made part or two in it or parts made with China made equipment.

When are you to get your tractor?

/ Chinese tractor #10  
Over time that love will only grow.

Keep in mine China puts space crafts into orbit, build bullet trains, planes and aircraft carriers, etc.

They can build a world class tractor.

While quality may vary from brand to brand I expect no one has purchased a new tractor for some time that does not have China made part or two in it or parts made with China made equipment.

When are you to get your tractor?

I think the one aircraft carrier is a decommissioned Russian carrier.