Chinese yes or Chinese no way??

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #31  
Mahindra is on track to sell in the neighborhood of 100,000 tractors worldwide this year

My local Mahindra dealer has sold 26 tractors since Feb. Not too shabby...

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #32  
I bought a Jinma 224 a little over a year ago. Had a few problems starting in cold weather with the starter not engaging when it got down to 10 degrees. Ordered a Koyker Loader for it this March. Blew the pump due to incompatable Hydraulic fittings. Called the dealer I bought the tractor from and sent a new pump no charge because he said to just hook the loader and she'll work. Had some other problems but most was over reaction on my part. Hell, you can't buy a good Quad for the price of a Chinese tractor so whats the fuss if a nut comes loose or you need to change an O-Ring. I beat the crap out of mine on some very hilly and Rocky terrain. I bent a box scraper with it, use and 9" auger and drag some very hilly trails. And all I use is a 22 HP Jinma. The power is incredible for the RPM's I turn with it. I seldomly run it over 1600 RPM's and it never bogs even with a 5 foot bucket full of gravel going up a pretty steep incline in 1 high. I look at the price of other toys or workhorses and I feel I got a great deal with mine for the price. Like I said, My quad cost almost as much but my trator does 10X the work. Have a lot of pics on my website with tractor pics and projects. Don't plan on selling mine just working it to death and buying another one. Here's a pic I took yesterday of cutting a little driveway in for a neighbor who just bought 13 acres next to me. Check out the pics on my website of my other tractor projects.

http://users.adelphia.net/~gizmo/

Attachments

• 456785-6-23-04 074.jpg
    456785-6-23-04 074.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 176
   / Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #33  
My last tractor was a Chinese Bison 25HP 4WD diesel that I bought new from Quality Farm and Fleet before they went out of business. I worked the crap out of that little tractor clearing our property in preparation to dig a pond and build our house. It did the work dragging big trees to my burn pile where my Explorer wouldn't or couldn't go.

Through the years I did all the maintenance on the tractor myself. In the 5+ years that I owned it I had to replace a few parts like batteries, voltage regulators, water pumps, glow-plugs, seals, gaskets, lots of filters, and other minor electrical items but I was lucky and never had to get into any serious repairs. The Bison was always a dependable machine and started easily in freezing weather.

I was always able to obtain needed parts for it in my own state but I must admit that no local dealers wanted to touch it for service. So when it came time to move up in size we decided to go with a brand that there would never be any problem getting reliable service or parts and the choice was New Holland. I still do whatever I can service wise, but it's comforting knowing there is a willing dealer if and when a major problem arises.

Was I sorry that I originally purchased a Chinese tractor? Absolutely not.
Would I ever purchase another Chinese tractor in my lifetime? No! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #34  
I wouldn't buy one just because I've seen a few new ones and they don't seem to have any kind of quality control. There is no defect that would surprise me to find on a new Chinese machine when it comes off the boat. Once you get it going and get all the bugs worked out they probably do a fine job. It's not the engineering that is bad (I think they pretty much steal all of that anyway), it's just the fabrication and quality control.

That said I would certainly consider a Korean tractor and have no problem at all with a Japanese tractor (that is what mine is). The Russians I would have to put in the same boat as the Chinese though I haven't seen one of those up close.

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #35  
From Northern's website:
Nortrac 30 HP 4-Wheel Drive Diesel Tractor........$9999.99
Backhoe........................................................$5399.99
Front End Loader............................................$3699.99
Total...........................................................$19099.97

Mine:
John Deere 4310 MFWD eHydro.......................$15000.00
47 Backhoe................................................... $5000.00
430 Loader....................................................$3000.00
Total...........................................................$23000.00

Green paint expensive?

Warranty: Deere 24 Months Full - vs. - 6 months parts exchange
Transmission: Deere eHydro (a $3k upgrade) - vs. - gear
Parts network: No comparison is remotely possible.
Ergonomics: Climb on and off and work all effortlessly - vs. - /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Quick change: Change loader or hoe in less than 6 minutes with no tools
- vs. - Change one in an hour with impact wrenches and a helper.

In short, if I wanted a tractor for less than mine, I could have gone to the gear version, or the 420 loader, or the 4210. I would still have a very capable machine and be less upfront than the Jinma.

Not to mention the low cost financing that I received on the Deere. Even my setup is CHEAPER overall when factored that way...

Similar comparisons are available in orange, orange, or blue...

And, then there are the bargain machines from those.

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #36  
I could not agree with you more. I don't want to buy something that I can't get parts for. For example, there was a Mconnell Mark tractor dealer around here, then, he just mysteriously went out of business. Where is the next Mconnell dealer? 600 miles away! (I don';t know that they are Chinese, it's just an example). They may well be OK tractors, but I wouldn't touch a Chinese tractor with a 10' pole! If something happens to my tractor, I want to phone the dealer and have them come get it, fix it and bring it back. I do not have the time or patience for repair work.

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #37  
NorTrac financing is spread out over like what? 3 or 6 payments? Yuck.

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #38  
I also found out that the Chinese don't make rubber products like we do here in the US. Anything that was made of rubber on my last tractor quickly dried, cracked, or split. It was a constant, and it was a pain. Belts, hoses, seals, you name it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #39  
Mike,
I have also found SOME of the Japanese rubber products to be substandard.

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #40  
I wonder if they farm those parts out to the Chinese??