Chipper

/ Chipper
[I said:
[/I]NY_Yankees_Fan;2835877]Tony,

What I do it to take the metal baffle plate door off (see part # below) and mount it below and put my Vermont Cart next to the chipper. I then blow the chips into the cart. I sometimes put a tarp under the chipper so any chips that fall I can just pick up the tarp and dump the them in the cart.

Here is the cart I have Carts Vermont :: Garden Carts :: Large Garden Cart

The baffle plate is part 900-0010

http://www.mackissic.com/Assembly Drawings/TPH122 Assembly and Parts List.pdf

The part I am waiting for mounts on the bottom of the discharge. It angles down towards the bag. The bag wraps around it and two hooks that I mounted on Top of the discharge .Going to try it before I go to plan B

/ Chipper #42  
Nice looking unit. Hope it works out well for you. If you take the shredder part out, it looks just like my old DR chipper. That one discharged out the bottom on the ground. Since I use my chips for mulch, I went and bought one of those galvanized metal tubs from Home Depot for about $12-$15. It fits right under the chute and when it's full, I pick it up (the chips are not too heavy) and dump it in the loader. After two tub fulls, the loader is full and time to dump (and a good time to take a short brake). Just food for thought.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about. Looks like the price went up a bit (surprise!)

16-3/4-Gallon Galvanized Utility Tub-3GS at The Home Depot

/ Chipper
Thought I would try the MM Bagger and see if it would eliminate some clean up and dragging the debris to the chipper. I think It will work

Attachments

• DSC00495.jpg
    DSC00495.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC00494.jpg
    DSC00494.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC00496.jpg
    DSC00496.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 148
   / Chipper #44  
It is entirely dependent on the motor.

The Farmall-A I used to have was 22hp, and had as broad a torque curve as similar HP diesel. But, the Kubota B8200 I had at the time, was 19hp, and ~60ci. The Farmall was 113ci. Upper RPM was only 1500rpm or so.

If you compare to a 22hp gas motor for a lawn tractor, chipper etc, they have a much smaller displacement, higher rpm, and narrow torque band.

That is how a Farmall Cub, Farmall A/B, JD LA, Allis G etc could plow and disc and doo many other operations. Gas motor, not really much HP. But, Cubic Inches with a really broad torque curve.

I dispute your assertion that "Torque on a gas engine is NOTHING compared to torque on a diesel tractor engine."

The OP has a BX. This is a clue. :)

Prove me wrong using the OP's D722-E3B diesel engine and a comparable power (or displacement) gasoline engine as examples.

Wrooster

/ Chipper #45  
It is entirely dependent on the motor.

The Farmall-A I used to have was 22hp, and had as broad a torque curve as similar HP diesel. But, the Kubota B8200 I had at the time, was 19hp, and ~60ci. The Farmall was 113ci. Upper RPM was only 1500rpm or so.

If you compare to a 22hp gas motor for a lawn tractor, chipper etc, they have a much smaller displacement, higher rpm, and narrow torque band.

That is how a Farmall Cub, Farmall A/B, JD LA, Allis G etc could plow and disc and doo many other operations. Gas motor, not really much HP. But, Cubic Inches with a really broad torque curve.
The OP has stated he has a BX1860; you thereafter noted the apparent superior torque of a diesel engine to a gas engine, I noted that this is not the case in this particular instance and even reminded you that the OP has a BX, and now you are using a Farmall as a counter example.

Good grief.

Wrooster

/ Chipper #46  
I came in to the conversation later than that...

My only point was, there are gas engines that are equivilant to diesels in HP and that big wide torque curve. They typicalyl are two times or more larger in displacement though, and tend to use a lot more fuel.

The OP has stated he has a BX1860; you thereafter noted the apparent superior torque of a diesel engine to a gas engine, I noted that this is not the case in this particular instance and even reminded you that the OP has a BX, and now you are using a Farmall as a counter example.

Good grief.

Wrooster