Choosing attachments for L4701, looking for suggestions.

/ Choosing attachments for L4701, looking for suggestions. #61  
i run a 72" on a Massey which is also 63" wide. I ussually shift the box blade just about even with one wheel - depending on what I am doing. I like the extra sticking to one side. Depending on how you are using the blade, you may want it to be a closer fit to your wheels. Again, for the work I am doing on trails and such - as long as it is wider than the tractor, it seems to be a good fit. I'm having no trouble pulling it with 33hp on a geared tranny machine. You've got HST and others may have better advice.

/ Choosing attachments for L4701, looking for suggestions. #62  
Thanks. I saw EA offers a 66" would that be better? Or is it fine to hang out the side a few inches.
I have a 6' Box Blade from Titan Implements in Decatur, TN. I used it for my 30HP Yanmar and works great. I plan to use it on the L4701 and expect it to work a little better with the size.

/ Choosing attachments for L4701, looking for suggestions.
i run a 72" on a Massey which is also 63" wide. I ussually shift the box blade just about even with one wheel - depending on what I am doing. I like the extra sticking to one side. Depending on how you are using the blade, you may want it to be a closer fit to your wheels. Again, for the work I am doing on trails and such - as long as it is wider than the tractor, it seems to be a good fit. I'm having no trouble pulling it with 33hp on a geared tranny machine. You've got HST and others may have better advice.
Thanks. I feel like I should know how to do this, but how do you shift the box blade to one side?

/ Choosing attachments for L4701, looking for suggestions.
I have a 6' Box Blade from Titan Implements in Decatur, TN. I used it for my 30HP Yanmar and works great. I plan to use it on the L4701 and expect it to work a little better with the size.
Thanks that is helpful.

/ Choosing attachments for L4701, looking for suggestions. #65  
Adjusting the 3ph is how you do it. The stabilizer bars can be adjusted to put the implement off center. How do I explain that in words..

The stabilizer bars on most 3ph have holes that allow one to lengthen or shorten the stabilizer. By using those holes, one can lock the implement to one side if one chooses to do so. For most things, we run them centered. But there are times having the implement to one side or the other helps accomplish our task better.

This video may help you understand:

/ Choosing attachments for L4701, looking for suggestions. #66  
   / Choosing attachments for L4701, looking for suggestions. #68  
Is there a way to angle and tilt a box blade? Similar to what is done with the blade in this video?
I have a Tuffline rear blade which can be angled every which way, and also off set.

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...Blade-for-Compact-Tractors-p/eta-value-sb.htm

/ Choosing attachments for L4701, looking for suggestions. #69  
Is there a way to angle and tilt a box blade? Similar to what is done with the blade in this video?

So to answer, you need to be able to picture rotation about the 3ph. Whether it is used by others in tractors or not, aircraft principal axis help me to understand and to communicate the ideas:

The roll angle (rotation about the longitudinal axis) is controlled and adjustable by the lower arms of the 3PH. You typically can adjust one arm to change the roll angle of an implement.

The pitch angle (rotation about the lateral axis) is controlled by the length of the top link. When you adjust the top link, you change the pitch of the implement. Note: I am assuming the implement is in the fully engaged down position on the 3ph for certainly the lifting action of the 3ph has some control of pitch.

The yaw angle (rotation about the vertical axis) has to be part of the implement. The tractor can only control the yaw if there is a hydraulic cylinder on the implement to allow the implement to rotate based on the cylinder position. Some grader blades have such a provision as might other implements. Most have a manual adjustment - you set it, lock it with a pin, and then go to work.

I have yet to see a box blade that could rotate on the yaw access. Not saying there are none - just saying I have never seen one and not sure why you would want that.

I hope my explanation helps.