Christmas dinner... What are you cooking..

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #11  
Probably leftovers. :D
I picked up some carrots and celery today for a vegetable platter and took a 1/2 gallon of sweet cider from the freezer but it's just me and the dog so I hope to get some things done around the house. He's got a nice new marrow bone in the frig which I'll give him on Christmas Day.
Thanksgiving was always the time for my family to get together, so over the years I've gotten into the habit of finding a project on Christmas which never seems to get done and work on that. There are so many of those this year that I may have to put them into a hat and draw one.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #13  
Doing full turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, orange glazed carrots, salad, garlic parmigiana twist bread. Only having a few friends over.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #14  
A Mate of mine is flying down from Brisbane on Christmas Day (1630 pick-up @ Launie airport), I'll be doing up a pulled pork in the slow-cooker for Chrissie dinner. (+ a few bottles of wine (y) )

Christmas morning will be spent with the neighbours for Brunch.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #15  
My wife goes pretty traditional for Christmas day with ham, potatoes, veggies, rolls, etc. All OK by me. On Christmas eve we always do something different, sometimes lasagna or BBQ or seafood. This year it's surf and turf, with crabcakes (Virginia blue crab caught in our creek) and steaks. We do a stack with steak on the bottom, grilled mushroom in the middle, and crabcake on top. Cheese grits and green beans are the usual sides but anything works with that combo.

Tortiere (French Canadian meat pie), coleslaw, potatoes, gravy, etc. Grass fed pork & beef for the meat pie, everything else from garden.

I grew up having Tortiere every Christmas -- really love that pie. My wife and daughter don't care for it but I still make a bunch of pies every year and freeze them to eat myself throughout the year. I use an old recipe from the November 1978 issue of Yankee Magazine. Pork, beef, potatoes, onions, salt, pepper, sage, and pie crust. I normally make a standard double crust pie, but last year I did one batch as turnovers, which were really nice. I may do all turnovers this year. Good stuff!

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #16  
We have Christmas Ham, pineapple, mashed potatoes, homemade barbecue beans, buttered corn on the cob, green beans, homemade bread, Dutch Apple Pie and Texas Pecan Pie.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #17  
Whatever Ma is cooking. We did Thanksgiving and had them down so they are doing Christmas. Probably be a spiral ham n fixins.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #18  
5lb. Rack of lamb ,Mash taters.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #19  
I just prepped one of our 2.5 month old pekin ducks. I dry rubbed him and he spent 4 days in fresh orange juice from our grove and is stuffed with fresh garlic, onion & other special things than on Christmas eve day will be going into the smoker.
Santa Duck.jpeg

With him all from our farm Smashed Taters, Garlic Spinach, Stuffing & Pecan Pie.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking..
I just prepped one of our 2.5 month old pekin ducks. I dry rubbed him and he spent 4 days in fresh orange juice from our grove and is stuffed with fresh garlic, onion & other special things than on Christmas eve day will be going into the smoker.
View attachment 726301
With him all from our farm Smashed Taters, Garlic Spinach, Stuffing & Pecan Pie.
I like duck but Standing Rib is the preferred dinner here on Christmas.