Chrysler files to prevent importation of Mahindra Jeep

/ Chrysler files to prevent importation of Mahindra Jeep #31  
Remember it's NOT Chrysler/Fiat - it's Fiat Chrysler.

They didn't just deep-six an American icon, they bought it and now own it and have brought Chrysler quality to Fiat levels. Just like Whirlpool bought Maytag and brought the quality down to Whirlpool levels to cut costs.

I owned a Fiat 128 SL as the first car I bought new in 1975. Decent engine, decent interior. Wheel bearings would go out about every 6,000 miles. Several hundred dollars to replace properly. Learned I needed to replace wheel bearings every other oil change. Apparently things have not changed much
from Are Fiat Reliable? An Honest Assessment of the Italian Brand | OSV

Yeah but for it's time was about the best front wheel drive car in the snow we ever owned - much better than a Honda or Rabbit front wheel drive. Seems like we replaced the front wheel bearings a couple times in the 140k miles we had that car , also remember dad wiring the fuel pump into the low beam headlight circuit after the fuel pump relay wiring quit working to get us home one time.

Enzo liked his

1969 Fiat 128 Commercial featuring Enzo Ferrari - YouTube

/ Chrysler files to prevent importation of Mahindra Jeep
Yeah but for it's time [Fiat] was about the best front wheel drive car in the snow we ever owned - much better than a Honda or Rabbit front wheel drive.
Off-topic. :) I read somewhere the 60's 2 cycle Saabs had a shifter position for freewheeling when you let off the gas. Speculation was this was for travel on Nordic ice where sometimes you want no engine braking. No-wheel drive! Or else for the instances in summer driving at highway speed where the overheated engine seized - disastrous in a front wheel drive car.

/ Chrysler files to prevent importation of Mahindra Jeep #33  
View attachment 566232 This is my most recent Jeep - 2006 TJ. Sometimes I even wash it - most of the time God washes it - if it rains and I'm out driving it.
We have a 2006 as well. 20180803_181156.jpeg

/ Chrysler files to prevent importation of Mahindra Jeep #34  
Yeah but for it's time was about the best front wheel drive car in the snow we ever owned - much better than a Honda or Rabbit front wheel drive. Seems like we replaced the front wheel bearings a couple times in the 140k miles we had that car , also remember dad wiring the fuel pump into the low beam headlight circuit after the fuel pump relay wiring quit working to get us home one time.

Enzo liked his

1969 Fiat 128 Commercial featuring Enzo Ferrari - YouTube

Quoting Dale Gribble:
Fix It Again Tony

/ Chrysler files to prevent importation of Mahindra Jeep #35  
Quoting Dale Gribble:
Fix It Again Tony

:D From what I hear the (new) 500 is 1 of the worst Fiats ever built-
of course that excludes my personal choice -the 850 Spider (Sport):laughing:

/ Chrysler files to prevent importation of Mahindra Jeep #36  
Maybe one of the best Fiats, the G.55:

Fiat G.55 - Wikipedia

...it did not enter production until 1943, when, after comparative tests against the Messerschmitt Bf 109G and the Focke-Wulf 190, the Luftwaffe itself regarded the Fiat G.55 as "the best Axis fighter".

:)

Bruce

/ Chrysler files to prevent importation of Mahindra Jeep #37  
   / Chrysler files to prevent importation of Mahindra Jeep #38  
My buddy has his Polaris side by side licensed and insured for road travel. As long as that’s legal in your state I don’t see why you couldn’t do the same with the Mahindra.

/ Chrysler files to prevent importation of Mahindra Jeep
My buddy has his Polaris side by side licensed and insured for road travel. As long as that’s legal in your state I don’t see why you couldn’t do the same with the Mahindra.
'Why' might be fiat/chrysler's attorneys. Or lobbyists, like the ones resisting Tesla sales in some places.

/ Chrysler files to prevent importation of Mahindra Jeep #40  

Same here with a Gator I went to look at... licensed and insured... California of all places!