Chute ideas for Kubota F

/ Chute ideas for Kubota F
Here it is. It can really do some damage
1628511927039.png

Sorry, just trying to figure out why you need a chute in your F mower.

My two larger mowers have a rear discharge deck, and an old JD 300 with 42" side discharge had the chute cut off on purpose over 30 years ago by the previous owner, in order to fit into tight places.

Is it a safety issue due to commercial mowing?
Yes it’s more “unsightly” to be throwing a wide cloud of clippings to some of the residents at the community/farm we maintain. The chute-down gives a more controlled look of the clippings.
If it were my house, I’d pretty much let them fly and get rid of the chute.
It’s a $20,000 annual maintenance contract.

/ Chute ideas for Kubota F #13  
Timely topic. I just added a hydraulic lift cylinder for the shoot on my Bad Boy. It's rubber but sticks way out. I can raise and lower it with a flip of a switch. Or raise it a little in high grass to help clear the clippings from under the deck. And, I no longer have to get off the mower to raise the shoot when backing into my little shed. I don't have pictures of it yet. I'll try to get some this afternoon if you're interested.

I'm using a convertible top pump and cylinder. It's 12 volts and has a self contained motor, pump and reservoir. The lines are some type of poly plastic and the cylinder is an original CT cylinder. I added an on-off-on DPDT switch to my control panel. All I did was wire the pump so the positive and negative are reversible--Just like the original. The pump draws about 25 amps.

It works great except the old cylinder does drift a little. I'm thinking of getting a new cylinder. They're about $75 but I have another used one I can try first.

Timely topic. I just added a hydraulic lift cylinder for the shoot on my Bad Boy. It's rubber but sticks way out. I can raise and lower it with a flip of a switch. Or raise it a little in high grass to help clear the clippings from under the deck. And, I no longer have to get off the mower to raise the shoot when backing into my little shed. I don't have pictures of it yet. I'll try to get some this afternoon if you're interested.

I'm using a convertible top pump and cylinder. It's 12 volts and has a self contained motor, pump and reservoir. The lines are some type of poly plastic and the cylinder is an original CT cylinder. I added an on-off-on DPDT switch to my control panel. All I did was wire the pump so the positive and negative are reversible--Just like the original. The pump draws about 25 amps.

It works great except the old cylinder does drift a little. I'm thinking of getting a new cylinder. They're about $75 but I have another used one I can try first.
Funny you mention. My 3680 had an extra remote on it, but previous owner removed it! Would have been nice for making a lift cylinder to operate my metal chute.

/ Chute ideas for Kubota F #15  

My father did the same thing years ago, you could likely do the same thing with a linear actuator with a lot less bother. Might be good to attach it to the deflector with a short piece of cable or chain so the deflector could lift up without retracting the actuator if it ever needed to?

/ Chute ideas for Kubota F #16  
I thought of using a linear actuator but the one I had was too large/bulky. A new smaller one was too expensive. And, they are not water proof. I had all the parts for the convertible top cylinder. In fact, I have two. I used them on my grader blade on my Kenbota. I no longer used the blade after getting my little dozer (JD-420C). So, the parts have been in my stash. The only item I had to buy was a new switch. ;)

/ Chute ideas for Kubota F #17  
Here's what did.... Took a video but it won't upload.
20180514_142343.jpg

/ Chute ideas for Kubota F #19  
I know it's too late now, but would this type setup work next time?

IMG_5562.JPG

PS. ROPS is not needed due to terrain of my property for F3060 so it's been stored away.

I know it's too late now, but would this type setup work next time?

View attachment 709341

PS. ROPS is not needed due to terrain of my property for F3060 so it's been stored away.
Not for me. After trying a rear discharge in dry grass, I found I prefer blowing the clippings rather as opposed to inhaling them, or wearing them on windy days.
I actually removed the steel chute and I found a plastic Exmark chute to use for now. Will try to find something else better soon.