ck 20 power wow!

/ ck 20 power wow! #1  

wade simpson

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti ck20s
Geez, I got to see what 22 hp diesel can do this morning.

I was heading up a steep hill on my road, in my mazda b3000 2wd this morning on my way home. It rained this morning and the road was greasy. Part way up the hill it just stopped going fwd so i backed down the hill to give it another shot. I wasn't watching closely enough and went wide on the turn at the bottom of the hill and put 2 wheels off the road. I tried moving a few times and just slid further off the road until the truck was leaning about 20 degrees. I was pissed. I didn't think the tractor would be able to pull it because I would be pulling up a steep muddy hill but I really didn't have any other way to move the truck.

I put the battery back in and drove to the truck. I couldn't pull backwards as I felt the truck might slip further towards the pond and probably flip so I tried pulling up the hill

Geez, the little tractor didn't even slow down. I took up the slack and started to pull at idle. As soon as the load came on I revved it to 2300 or so and it pulled that truck halfway up the hill. Didn't even spin the tires. Only 22 hp, imagine the pulling force of a 45 hp.

In the first pic you can see where the tires slid to the right towards the pond. When I tried to move it just slid sideways, further down the slope. The pics don't really show the steepness but at least you can see the ruts.

Attachments

• P5300145.jpg
    P5300145.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 176
  • P5140103.jpg
    P5140103.jpg
    914.4 KB · Views: 133
  • P5300146.jpg
    P5300146.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
   / ck 20 power wow! #2  
Some say they are small tractor,but they got BIG heart. :)

/ ck 20 power wow! #3  
I pulled my 1-ton Ford F350 diesel dump truck up hill out of a snow banking when my plow went up over the snow bank and hung up the front end. It's amazing what these little tractors can do!

/ ck 20 power wow!
I checked the manual for towing limit, 1700 and change, I think my truck weighs around 3000. I was more surprised that the tractor didn't spin. I just tried outta desperation. I was a little worried about burning the clutch but I could tell it wasn't really working hard.

/ ck 20 power wow! #5  
I checked the manual for towing limit, 1700 and change, I think my truck weighs around 3000. I was more surprised that the tractor didn't spin. I just tried outta desperation. I was a little worried about burning the clutch but I could tell it wasn't really working hard.

That is impressive ;) give the weight of the truck and going uphill. Glad it worked out safely for you.

/ ck 20 power wow! #6  
My neighbor has a fairly steep gravel driveway, his daughter was going too fast down the hill and slid off a corner and over a small bank in her mid sized front wheel drive car, the whole car was off the driveway. We hooked a short chain to the car's rear bumper and to my tractor's yard box. I picked the back of the car up off the ground and pulled it up back onto the driveway suprizingly easy.
He ended up buying a DK35 about 6 months later :)

/ ck 20 power wow! #7  
Yeah, those little diesel engine tractors seem to have tons of torque. It's pretty amazing the loads that they will pull uphill given their size and weight.