CK 27 HST

/ CK 27 HST #1  

Billrog

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 2610, 580 SuperM Case Backhoe
Had a bit of a vibration for the last few mons. & couldn't pin point it U - joint, drive shaft, front dif. ? but yesterday the right front wheel locked up while I was plowing snow so I knew where the problem was. Machine is on warranty but with a steep long unplowed driveway dealer couldn't make up to get the machine so I put it in the shop and pulled it apart. Then put every thing in a box and took it to them for repair. This is what I found .
Kioti broken 001.jpg
As you can see it's a Kubota front axle maybe that's the problem :laughing:
Kioti broken 003.jpgKioti broken 002.jpg
All was good here bearing and seal just fine. so I pulled off the next section of housing not so good.
Kioti broken 004.jpgKioti broken 005.jpgKioti broken 006.jpg
Lot of broken parts in here no idea what caused the failure maybe a snap ring came off because it was the only thing in there still in 1 piece. One thing obvious a bearing had been gone for a while all the gear damage may have been done when it let go & I had to leave it in 4 wd to get on to level ground. I then put it in 2wd and skidded it to the shop on the bucket as the wheel was lock up. Probably be a wk. or so waiting for parts with any luck no more snow.
My rd. after a heavy wet snow storm .
Nov. 3-17 first snow 007.jpg

/ CK 27 HST #2  
OUCH ! My CK 27 is a 2013 with 530 hrs. Time to do the front gear axle oil change. I rarely take it out of 4wd...as i am on stone or dirt roads in the mountains. Hopefully the new parts come soon and get you back to plowing snow !!!

/ CK 27 HST
The tractor has 650 hrs. on it still 1 year if warranty & dealer has gone the extra mile with any problems since day one . I also never take it out of 4wd living on a mt. side. Now that I've seen the inside I'm confident it's well made and it has to have been something not properly installed from square 1. My last tractor went 4500 hrs. and in 25 yrs. I replaced the front hub bearings and seals twice but never had anything like this happen. I changed the oil @ 50 hrs. as well as 250 hrs. and 450 and the last 2 changes there was no visible filings in the oil. I don't think anyone owning one of these tractors should be overly concerned after seeing my situation Murphy has followed me around for a long time & I have learned to take it in stride.

/ CK 27 HST #6  
Sorry to hear about your tractor problem and that road looks nasty! Not to change the subject but what soft cab is that you have on your tractor? Some pics of it would be great. Thanks

/ CK 27 HST
I made a frame for the front and paid an upholstery place $1200 to make it.
pic 007.jpg
New tractor top 004.jpg
New tractor top 001.jpg
New tractor top 002.jpg
New tractor top 003.jpg

/ CK 27 HST #8  
Do you have any problems with the clear vinyl fogging/freezing up in the winter? It gets really cold here in Fairbanks.

/ CK 27 HST
Had one on the last tractor for 25 years and this one 3 now & only used a squeegee maybe a doz. times. Sure is more comfortable than open cab down to -10 C no need to wear gloves or do my coat up.

/ CK 27 HST #10  
Thanks for the info, I’m looking at purchasing a CK3510HST (open station). I will be using it for plowing here in Fairbanks and the temperatures are a bit colder. I was wondering how a soft cab would work.