CK 4010 PTO SHAFT

/ CK 4010 PTO SHAFT #1  

dullpain

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kioti CK4010SE HST, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.
New to Kioti , trying to hook up rear finish mower today and can稚 get the PTO shaft to free wheel or turn.
Like it痴 got a brake on it. All my other tractors you could turn the PTO shaft to line up splines on driveshaft of implement.
So any help ?

/ CK 4010 PTO SHAFT #2  
Does your CK40 have a mid-mount PTO? Do you have the ability to select between the mid and rear PTO? If so, make sure the engine is turned off and select the mid-PTO. That should allow the rear PTO to spin freely. At least it did on my old tractor.

/ CK 4010 PTO SHAFT
No mid pto

/ CK 4010 PTO SHAFT #4  
Unfortunately, that's the extent of my knowledge then. About the only other thing I can think to do is try spinning the PTO shaft on the implement slightly to match the splines on the tractor PTO stub. It's a bit more difficult, but do-able on most implements I've owned.

/ CK 4010 PTO SHAFT #6  
MY mahindra 2538 has a lever seperate from the pto switch that allows the pto shaft to spin freely

/ CK 4010 PTO SHAFT
Gotta be Aton of CK 35 and CK40 owners here Any Kioti people an answer?

/ CK 4010 PTO SHAFT #8  
Some people already answered you.

If you don't have a PTO gear selector, either to change between 540 and 540E or mid pto that you can put to neutral, there is not much that can be done, other than hooking the implement, lift it and try to rotate the PTO shaft on the implement. You can also add a overrunning clutch as DK35Vince said two post go, but that will mess with PTO shaft lengths and create unnecessary side loads.

How is the setup for the PTO on your tractor? Just a switch to turn it on? No other levers?

/ CK 4010 PTO SHAFT
Just a rotary switch

/ CK 4010 PTO SHAFT #10  
I've got the 3510se, and if there's a way to spin the pto I haven't found it yet. I started setting my brush hog down on skids, so when I go to hook it back up, I can spin the shaft on the cutter, without it hitting grass or anything underneath. It's still somewhat difficult to spin by hand though.