CK27 Owner Needs a Backhoe

/ CK27 Owner Needs a Backhoe #1  

Shulaj

Tractor
2011 Kioti CK27 HST
I'm a new 2011 CK27 HST owner, (10 hours) and have reviewed the KB2475 and Woods Backhoe for the CK27. This is my first tractor so I am somewhat clueless. I want to biggest one I can get.

To save money on a new septic system, I thought I would dig the septic hole and filter bed and do it myself and use the savings towards buying a Backhoe. Septic would be $15000 if I hire someone...and my tank is only $1800. So there is lots to be saved. Hopefully this will not be a mistake.

I need a thumb as I have rocks I wish to move around as well as some stumps to move.

I see that there are bargains on Ebay for the BH70X at $4850. Obviously I would like to buy local (near Parry Sound) if I can get a good price, but I can also trailer to a reasonable distance too.

My dealer sells Kioti (no thumb I understand) and the Wallenstein. Model I think which fits is http://www.embmfg.com/Backhoes/GX720.aspx

I HAVE READ ALL I CAN ON THIS FORUM, but I wish to be specific here.

QUESTION: If I need one with a thumb, so what is the biggest and best Backhoe I can buy which will work great for the CK27?

(And,are all the hoses for hydraulics on my CK27 already?)

Last edited:
   / CK27 Owner Needs a Backhoe
I have read not to use the 3-point hitch and I will not. Frame Mount I think it's called.

/ CK27 Owner Needs a Backhoe #3  
I doubt you can dig a septic tank hole with a 7.5 ft back hoe. Maybe deep enough, but I do not think the reach is there. Chances are you will end up with a lot of hand digging to get the bottom level enough for a septic tank.
Rule of thumb for cost of frame mount BH is $1,000 per foot of digging depth. PTO mount is not recommended by most dealers and may invalidate your warranty. I say that even though I had a three point mount for years with no trouble, but I did not push it much either.

/ CK27 Owner Needs a Backhoe #4  
I called the guy on ebay, with the good priced woods backhoe. He said woods did not have a mounting kit for my ct225, He said I'd have to use the 3 point hitch. That was the end of my research. If you can find a woods frame mount for our tractors, Please LET ME KNOW.

/ CK27 Owner Needs a Backhoe #5  
I called the guy on ebay, with the good priced woods backhoe. He said woods did not have a mounting kit for my ct225, He said I'd have to use the 3 point hitch. That was the end of my research. If you can find a woods frame mount for our tractors, Please LET ME KNOW.

Woods does not list a mount for the Bobcat CT225.
You have to use the mount for a Kioti CK25,CK27,CK30,CK35
Same mount, bolts right up!
bobcat backhoe.jpg

/ CK27 Owner Needs a Backhoe #6  
I suggest 7.5 foot. I have a Rhino 75. It's been great. Not sure if you can get a thumb for it though. Woods and Kioti are good too. Frame mount is the ony way to go. And yes, you can figure about $1000 per foot or so. And you will also want a set of rear remotes (if you don't already have them), plumbed with 1/2" line. The bigger line gives you better performance. And a thumb is probably nice and all, but I haven't run into situations where I need it so much. I do have a big 18" bucket. Great for digging and all, but would like a 9" for trenching. Just can't justify $500 for the extra bucket. So, if you only have one, I say go 16 -18".

/ CK27 Owner Needs a Backhoe #7  
I have the Woods BH70-X on my CK35. Ordered it with the thumb when I got the tractor almost 4 years ago. Had one problem after a few hours of use and my dealer/Woods looked after it right away. You may want to farm out the septic tank hole (or rent a mini excavator) and dig the lines with the backhoe. The first 2 pics are of a trench I dug for my neighbor for an electrical line. I use my thumb a fair bit, very nice to have. :):)

Attachments

• DitchFGarden 027.jpg
    DitchFGarden 027.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 328
  • DitchFGarden 028.jpg
    DitchFGarden 028.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 242
  • BackFence 029.jpg
    BackFence 029.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 693
   / CK27 Owner Needs a Backhoe #8  
As others have said Woods makes a 4 pt subframe for the CK27/30. The subframe is compatible with the Woods BH70-X or BH80-x backhoes. The subframe part number is 1011425 and costs around $1400. If you decide to go with the Woods, I don't think you will find it cheaper in Ontario than the $4850 your seeing on ebay. One nice thing about the woods is that they come ready to install the thumb which you will need in Muskoka.

If you want to take a look at the Woods subframe manual it can be found here:
http://www.woodsequipment.com/uploadedFiles/Products/Manuals/MAN0345.pdf

How rocky is it in your area? Muskoka is pretty rocky right! Last summer I met a fellow who lived south of Parry Sound who was selling his GX700 and looking for a full sized backhoe because the GX700 could not handle the rocks on his property.

Attachments

• Woods Backhoes_ Prices_02.jpg
    Woods Backhoes_ Prices_02.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 322
   / CK27 Owner Needs a Backhoe #9  
I do have a big 18" bucket. Great for digging and all, but would like a 9" for trenching. Just can't justify $500 for the extra bucket. So, if you only have one, I say go 16 -18".
I used Kioti 2385 buckets on my Rhino 85 backhoe. Perfect fit.
I paid around $250 for a 12" backhoe bucket.
My 36" Kioti bucket was around $450. (prices are from several years ago). But I thought the Kioti buckets were well made and reasonably prices.

/ CK27 Owner Needs a Backhoe #10  
Septic would be $15000 if I hire someone...

Holy smokes, $15K!! I had a new system installed in my NC piedmont house in 2003 or 2004 for about $3K, including 300 ft drainage field and the 1000 gal tank (no rocks here, to speak of). Have things gotten so expensive now? Are you in a real high-cost area? Are conditions particularly difficult there?