CK30 Throttle

/ CK30 Throttle #11  
The throttle mechanism on my LK2554 is friction controlled by two jam nuts located down on the pivot of the throttle handle. You adjust by running the inside nut in to tighten response or out to loosen response and then lock it in place with the jam nut. It does tend to loosen up and/or tighten by itself over time and needs readjusting.

/ CK30 Throttle #13  
Great information, Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK30 Throttle
Thanks guys, sounds like mine is about normal. It isn't usually a problem, but I have a PHD project and to be able to slowly and smoothly add RPMs was my concern. I'll post on that project soon is weather is good. I've already learned that we our soil (some clay) is wet, it doesn't auger very well - makes a clumpy mess.

David

/ CK30 Throttle
Well, is was in the 60's /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I grew up in Maine, so I think I've paid my snow and cold dues.

Yes, we are about mm 19, Akaka Falls is mm13. Years ago I lived Ewa Beach on Oahu.

If you are ever on BI and get Kioti lonely, come on up. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David

/ CK30 Throttle #16  
David, my LK3054 throttle also is very stiff - better that way anyhow. I see you will be using a post hole digger. I have a few suggestions for you from my own experience: use super low RPMs, almost stall speed and go real slow. Lift & clear often and always have a big pipe wrench (36") handy for when (not if) you get stuck. Just put the wrench up top and back the auger out. Beats digging it out - take it from someone who's done both.

/ CK30 Throttle #17  
David,

Big Island is my favorite though I usually head for the Volcano Natl Park. Next time I get to Hilo I will drive up to see if I can spot the CK30.

Ed

/ CK30 Throttle #18  
My CK30 is - was the same way. I found the adjusting nuts that Don and Bob mentioned but none of my wrenches would fit in the space without loosening the plastic shroud for room. My wife was the person mostly complaining and if she wants to do some work with the tractor, I'm going to try to fix it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just gave mine a good shot of wd-40 and it's easier but not so easy that it slips on its own.

/ CK30 Throttle #19  
Yes, same here. I just bump it with my hand a few times. its not like a move it back and forth all the time. I stay in the same rpm while working and then easy up when i am pau.

aloha
joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ CK30 Throttle #20  
Hey David! It's great to hear you're working on getting a PHD in tractor use! Happy Holidays dude!
John