CK30 Throttle

/ CK30 Throttle
Thanks for the advice. I've also turned the 3PT speed to nearly off, so it goes down very very slowly. I also had to hand prep all the holes - remove the layer of rock base, cut out the weed cloth, dig a shovel's depth. Don't know if it's the nature of the beast or just my setup, but I've found I have to guide the auger to start. If I simply lower it, it may bounce and finally catch hold somewhere within a foot or so of where intended or it might catch but go in at an angle to the rear instead of straight. It will be a 2 person operation as I need to drill these holes as precise as I can and space is tight. Had my wife do a few practice holes in the pasture today - did fine until hitting a rock about 3 feet deep and broke the shear bolt on the drive shaft. End of work today as it is a 40 mile round trip to get more bolts. ( I got 6).
David

/ CK30 Throttle
Ed, you just might be able to see it. I keep it proudly parked in front of the house, so it is visible when driving up the road from about 1/2 mile away. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David

/ CK30 Throttle
Victor,

My wife is main reason I asked. I need her help for this auger task and wanted to start with really low RPMs and have her adjust. Unfortunately, she isn't able to increase the speed, except with a big jerk and of course major rpm change. To be honest, she is also dealing with one arm of significantly reduced strength, so that too is a factor. I'll try the WD-40.

David

/ CK30 Throttle
I think you've got a good dealer over there Joe. I called him for a set of filters for my 50 hour service. He mailed them promptly. About 3 days after I got them, I of course found the set I'd shipped over.

David

/ CK30 Throttle
Hey John
Don't know about PHD, but I think I managed to pass from Intro Bushhog into Bushhog 101. My productivity is still hrs/acre, but at least I haven't gotten Kioti stuck again needing my neighbor and his JD4310 to recover me. Wife couldn't pull me out with the Wrangler and now I wish I'd taken a pic or 2. It was "that" close to tipping - definitely a pucker lesson.
Have a great holiday.

David

/ CK30 Throttle #26  
I have a DK35 that also has a very stiff Hand Throttle. The foot throttle seems to work just fine...and I can hold the foot throttle at the desired speed and move the hand throttle to hold that speed....but very stiff...I'am afraid I will break or bend something....I have went through this post and did not find any difinitive answer in how to loosen it up. Also the Tilt adjust seems to be froze up too....I think This tractor had been stored outdoors for most of it's life and I recently aquired, so anything that could rust up probably has...... Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated...Thanks...jeff

/ CK30 Throttle #27  
The ergononimcs of the throttle are just poorly engineered. I think it is the location and the weird bend in the shaft that causes all the grief. I have kinda gotten used to it. Noodle....you must take the dash apart and tighten the locking nuts! It takess about 20 min and man...what a difference! My "slipping" throttle was a major pain until i fixed it..........LOOSE the bungies!!!:D
All in all i would change the throttle and have a 4x4 indicator light on the dash to remind us senile guys that the thing is still engaged:p . Add a belly pan option, and that covers my issues with the CK30..............well ok....a bigger bucket and more lifting capacity and more HP ....andandand.........:rolleyes:

RD