CK30 Tire update

/ CK30 Tire update #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
I bought some Titan tires for the front of my Kioti CK30 a couple of years ago so this is a follow up on them
The original tires were very soft and spongy and very unstable when I filled my bucket. The sides were too soft and prone to puncture on rocks or even just nail type punctures. They had even rolled off the rim and deflated when carrying a load. Very inconvenient.

I bought some Titan Hi Traction Lug tires which were Tubeless 6 Ply rating and the difference is chalk and cheese. They are brilliant and why they are not fitted as standard I will never know. Maybe the manufacturer didn't expect a FEL to be fitted? but mine came with the FEL fitted from new.
All I can say is that I believe the original tires were dangerous and should never have been fitted in the first place.
The tractor feels a lot more stable even without a load and the tires still look brand new.
It was a good decision.
I still have the old HUNG-A 7x14 tires in my barn and look at them in disgust every time I walk past them. Gotta get rid of them....

/ CK30 Tire update #3  
My RX came with the Titan hi traction R1s and my experience mirrors yours, they are a well made, tough tire, with excellent traction. If they ever wear out i'd order another set without hesitation.
My wife's CS came with R4 tires and i've already had to patch a thorn puncture in the tread body. The CS has a lot fewer hours and is relegated to the "nicer" fields so the tires have had a gentler life as well. Maybe just bad luck, but I've attributed that to the R4 being a softer compound than the R1s and wondering if that is part of the difference?

/ CK30 Tire update
thanks for the replies guys.
I just see lots of posts with no follow up so I try to do the right thing and put the info out there so that others may benefit hopefully.

/ CK30 Tire update #5  
Fel work is certainly the place for large dia. wheel-tire ratio, reducing the height of the sidewall, rigid sidewalls and multi ply. Just the opposite of what's needed on the rears of "my" ZT.

/ CK30 Tire update #6  
I bought some Titan tires for the front of my Kioti CK30 a couple of years ago so this is a follow up on them
The original tires were very soft and spongy and very unstable when I filled my bucket. The sides were too soft and prone to puncture on rocks or even just nail type punctures. They had even rolled off the rim and deflated when carrying a load. Very inconvenient.

I bought some Titan Hi Traction Lug tires which were Tubeless 6 Ply rating and the difference is chalk and cheese. They are brilliant and why they are not fitted as standard I will never know. Maybe the manufacturer didn't expect a FEL to be fitted? but mine came with the FEL fitted from new.
All I can say is that I believe the original tires were dangerous and should never have been fitted in the first place.
The tractor feels a lot more stable even without a load and the tires still look brand new.
It was a good decision.
I still have the old HUNG-A 7x14 tires in my barn and look at them in disgust every time I walk past them. Gotta get rid of them....

Plant some flowers in them. They also work pretty well to get a brush pile burning.

/ CK30 Tire update
It may come to that. I took them, along with other rubbish to the local tip on Sunday and they wouldn't accept them. Told me I had to go to the large recycling depot in the next town so I took them home again. :(