ck35 coming today.

/ ck35 coming today. #11  
btw how do you folk stateside go with running a machine with metric bolts? must say over here being a metric dominant country its a little bit annoying when i have to work on our cubcadet mower that is imperial. must say iam glad the kioti is metric.

I have both standard and metric wrenches in my toolbox, been that away for years. Just keep reaching in until a find a wrench that works. Plus a good adjustable takes care of either.

/ ck35 coming today.
true, more a case of when you drop a bolt and have to replace one, i generally keep a good stock of metric nuts and bolts, imperial not so much... my first car a HZ holden ( previously GM in Australia) was imperial then its been metric all the way for me ( jap bikes cars) other than the ride on.

/ ck35 coming today. #13  
Yep, keep both metric and standard size bolts and such around. Never know what you might need. Although, it seems more times than not, I won't be able to find the right size until after I go buy one at the store.

/ ck35 coming today. #14  
G'day from NE Vic.

I bought a new CK35 HST a few years ago and have been very happy with it. (Well actually, the missus bought it and she just lets me drive it :cool2: )

I also looked at the Chinese ones in Melbourne and decided that you were getting what you paid for - cheap price = cheap machine. And having a local dealer was the big winner for me.

I have only had a couple of small problems, mostly my fault for running over sticks, small logs etc and knocking the underside about.

I did have the joystick go all loose and thought I had broken something. It turned out to be a 20 cent screw falling off the bottom of the "hinge" post. This problem has popped up on TBN a few times, but I don't know if this can happen to any joystick. Anyway, it is worth checking out and applying a bit of Loctite.

I haven't posted a lot because I am still learning and you always learn more with your mouth shut and your eyes and ears open - to which I would add - also by reading TBN :)

/ ck35 coming today.
cheers, john, i imagine you are a little bit more north of the ranges than me, yes i think its a pretty good package, just put 4 hours on it today clearing a crappy corner of our property, really impressed with the machine, must say i would have been in a bit of bother without the backhoe and the rear locker to get me out of a couple of spots today.

very thoughtful of the missus to get you a nice tractor and even better the lets you use it. We have a good kioti dealer down the road as well in Alto motors in Trafalgar.

no issues today mechanically wise other than the left side fender bent in a little and was rubbing on the tire, undoubtedly from one of the branches i was pushing round. bent it back out and all is good.

clearing.jpg

/ ck35 coming today. #16  
G'day from NE Vic.

I bought a new CK35 HST a few years ago and have been very happy with it. (Well actually, the missus bought it and she just lets me drive it :cool2: )

I also looked at the Chinese ones in Melbourne and decided that you were getting what you paid for - cheap price = cheap machine. And having a local dealer was the big winner for me.

I have only had a couple of small problems, mostly my fault for running over sticks, small logs etc and knocking the underside about.

I did have the joystick go all loose and thought I had broken something. It turned out to be a 20 cent screw falling off the bottom of the "hinge" post. This problem has popped up on TBN a few times, but I don't know if this can happen to any joystick. Anyway, it is worth checking out and applying a bit of Loctite.

I haven't posted a lot because I am still learning and you always learn more with your mouth shut and your eyes and ears open - to which I would add - also by reading TBN :)

Interested to read about the 20 cent screw allowing the joystick to go floppy.
Mine is like that at present but it still works ok. Just not nice to use. I jumped off the tractor and the joystick went up my shorts leg and ....bam... floppy stick. I thought something was broken, maybe just the screw.

/ ck35 coming today.
first real time on the backhoe today with a good solid hour on it , got a little bit of rhythm going, pulled the remains of a big stump out and it did a pretty good job, reckon i will really get to like this setup.

/ ck35 coming today. #18  
I have around 20 - 30 stumps to get rid of as well. Another reason/excuse for a bigger tractor for me. My wife is warming to the idea slowly. I checked the selling price of my CK 30 HST and it is around $16,900 the salesman said.
Won't be for some time yet.

WoooHoooo! Post No. 1000 Do I get a prize?

Last edited:
   / ck35 coming today.
well now is the time to hit em down here while the ground is softer, prolly up your way after the wet season is the go.

/ ck35 coming today. #20  
Talking about stumps, I generally leave mine in the ground until I get about 5+ I need to deal with, and then I go rent a stump grinder. Costs less than a backhoe, and takes them down a few inches below the ground where I can mow over them without issue. Grinding them is a lot quicker than trying to dig them out or burn them out. Of course, I have a rental yard within 30 miles, so it's not a big deal for me to get a grinder.