ck35 coming today.

/ ck35 coming today. #1  

koshari

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti ck35 , Deutz agrolux 4.80e, Deutz Agrotron 6.00 TT, Kobelco sk30ur excavator.
greetings all from gippsland s/e australia.

i have a ck35 coming today, just short of 1000 hours on it, specifically was looking at:
-ag tires
-backhoe.
-4x4
also have a pto slasher attachment.

I was going to wait a while till i took the plunge but i have some outstanding jobs that bought forward the purchase when one came up in our price range that fit the bill.

looked at a few comparable kobotas however they seemed to be similar pricing for 20 to 25 HP models as the 35 kioti. also briefly looked at some Chinese models but steered pretty clear after reading a couple of experiences others have had re these machines. likely their quality control will improve in time but iam not sure they are really there just yet.

the other option was to get an ageing full-size tractor but these all had huge hours on them and were very old models. they also were not 4x4 and were really to big for a lot of the tasks that we require doing. we also have a pretty good relationship with our neighbour who has a new holland t5050 which is a very capable machine. he is very accommodating and has insisted on doing a lot of stuff for us already. having said that he got pretty excited when i told him i had a backhoe coming. i suspect i will be filling in a few wombat holes on his side of the fence and also a bot of drainage around his dairy by all accounts.
From what i can gather you cant go to far wrong with either of kioti or kubota.

Iam not really a brand fanboy however i do tend to stick with brands i come familiar with. i have both kawasaki and yamaha motorcycles, having said that i would be equally comfortable with suzuki or honda etc. i had Holden Vehicles ( GM in the US ) until recently where i have moved to Mitsubishi. again i would be happy with ford and toyota however they seem to attract a premium established by rusted on customers around here.

so the journey begins,

any other obvious tips regarding this model?

I have read a look about this and similar tractors and we are reasonably comfortable with this direction. we have a kioti dealer just down the road which is a good established dealership with many years of experiance. We have a bit of bushland and some tight access areas which leant towards a compact. there are also some pretty steep hills. I have good loader experience and are a ticketed operator so i are aware of the pitfalls of operating on inclines. loading the read tires will be one of my first jobs. the rear wheels are adjusted to their out-most position as well.

anyway nice to be part of the forum and already have read many informative posts. the filter and cross reference post for one and links to workshop manuals have been very helpful.

/ ck35 coming today. #2  
Congrats and welcome.....aboard.....
some folks here love tractor **** so when you get your lil beauty in, lots of pic eh???:drink::welcome:

/ ck35 coming today. #3  
I have a 2004 model year CK30hst purchased in 2005 with 900 hours, KL130 fel, and KB2375 bh. It has done me well. Fuel gauge sending unit replaced under warranty and nothing else but normal service. Works well in the Summer when it can be 90'F and then for snow plowing in Winter with the coldest day at -4'F. Depending on your bh year, the seals can go on the control unit. The o-rings, that seal the spool shafts in the valve blocks, can get damaged by any rust on the spool shafts. When not using it, I coat the top end of them with Fluid Film or you could use a motorcycle chain wax type lubricant to protect the shafts and so far no problems. Enjoy the new toy and hope many non-problem hours like mine.

/ ck35 coming today.
ok, just had the first going over , all seems pretty good, just a couple of issue, seat belt clip is annoyingly sticky, wd40ed it a bit but still annoying, quick fix to just put a clip extension on.

ck35.jpg

having a bit of experience on the loader in the past seems i are a bit more proficient on it, gonna take a few hours to get the backhoe down pat.
time to fuel up and give it another hoot before the next shower comes through. :)

belt.jpg
belt.jpg
bh.jpg

I coat the top end of them with Fluid Film or you could use a motorcycle chain wax type lubricant to protect the shafts

cheers, good advice.

/ ck35 coming today. #5  
:welcome: to TBN.
Congrats on your new investment.... enjoy.:thumbsup:

/ ck35 coming today. #7  
Nice looking tractor. How do you like it so far?

/ ck35 coming today.
Quite happy atm. Only was able to operate it for 2 hours the other day but managed to tidy up a crater left from a big gum that fell down a while ago.

20190718_141733.jpg

/ ck35 coming today. #9  
Nice rig and beautiful looking property!

/ ck35 coming today.
btw how do you folk stateside go with running a machine with metric bolts? must say over here being a metric dominant country its a little bit annoying when i have to work on our cubcadet mower that is imperial. must say iam glad the kioti is metric.