ck3510se, hydraulic leak somewhere on 3pt valve area

/ ck3510se, hydraulic leak somewhere on 3pt valve area #1  

NYCheese

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510se hst TLB
Was out brush mowing for a few hours today, without any issues. Rough terrain, but mostly just pasture grass and weeds, goldenrod, etc... When I called it a day, I raised up the mower to drive home on the road, and immediately smelled hot hydraulic fluid. Got off the tractor, but didn't initially see anything. Drove 1/4 mile home, and left a trail on the road the whole way. Got under the tractor and saw this mess. It's definitely coming from the 3pt valve somewhere, but I can't see exactly where. If I lower the 3pt all the way, it seems to stop leaking (or at least slow to a drip). If I raise it with the mower still attached, it sprays a pretty large amount of oil under there somewhere.

I bought the tractor new in 2019, so I'm hoping this will be a warranty issue, but I don't expect to hear from the dealer until monday at the earliest. Anything I can do, or should do, in the meantime? Or just wait to talk to the dealer? Looks like a pretty big job, would have to at least remove the fender and seat panels just to get access to the valve.

20211001_175150.jpg

/ ck3510se, hydraulic leak somewhere on 3pt valve area #2  
Looks like damage to the steel line feeding the rear remotes. It is hard to tell in the picture but I would look closely at the lines, hoses and filters. I doubt a actual leak with the 3pt. Also do not believe it will be covered under a warranty.

/ ck3510se, hydraulic leak somewhere on 3pt valve area
Looks like damage to the steel line feeding the rear remotes. It is hard to tell in the picture but I would look closely at the lines, hoses and filters. I doubt a actual leak with the 3pt. Also do not believe it will be covered under a warranty.
Thanks. Yeah the picture is a mess. It was starting to get dark, and everything was hot, so not a whole lot I could do tonight. I really have no idea where it's coming out from. The filter on that side has oil all over it, but it's def. coming from the valve area above the filter. I'll see if I can get a better look tomorrow. Was just a normal day of mowing though, really no idea how something could have been damaged. But at 550hrs, doesn't seem like it would be a manufacturing defect at this point either.

/ ck3510se, hydraulic leak somewhere on 3pt valve area #4  
Best way to tell where it’s coming from is to have someone you trust COMPLETELY AND IS PROFICIENT at running a tractor raise and lower the 3 point while you are looking at the valve to see where it’s coming from. Be sure tractor is in neutral, brakes locked. Wheels chocked. I’ve had a small drip from the top of my transmission somewhere since the day I got it. Can’t find it without removing station. Leaks about a gallon a year so I’m really not worried about it.

/ ck3510se, hydraulic leak somewhere on 3pt valve area #5  
Please be careful looking for a leak while the tractor is running. The natural thing to do is feel with your hand. Hydraulic fluid leaking under pressure will cut you like butter. Do not do that. It can be fatal.

Please be careful looking for a leak while the tractor is running. The natural thing to do is feel with your hand. Hydraulic fluid leaking under pressure will cut you like butter. Do not do that. It can be fatal.
I know, but thank you, good advice for anyone that might be reading this post in the future. Was it AvE on youtube that said "don't put your fingers anywhere you wouldn't put your d**k" ?

Best way to tell where it’s coming from is to have someone you trust COMPLETELY AND IS PROFICIENT at running a tractor raise and lower the 3 point while you are looking at the valve to see where it’s coming from. Be sure tractor is in neutral, brakes locked. Wheels chocked. I’ve had a small drip from the top of my transmission somewhere since the day I got it. Can’t find it without removing station. Leaks about a gallon a year so I’m really not worried about it.
I think I probably lost a gallon during the 1/4 mile drive home, so I def. can't ignore it. I might try to get a better look at it tomorrow, but I don't think I'm gonna start pulling anything apart until I talk to the dealer on monday. Should be easier to see if I remove the fender, but I didn't even get a chance tonight to see what it takes to get the fender off.

/ ck3510se, hydraulic leak somewhere on 3pt valve area #8  
I think I probably lost a gallon during the 1/4 mile drive home, so I def. can't ignore it. I might try to get a better look at it tomorrow, but I don't think I'm gonna start pulling anything apart until I talk to the dealer on monday. Should be easier to see if I remove the fender, but I didn't even get a chance tonight to see what it takes to get the fender off.

The seat and panel below it is pretty easy to remove and should give you visibility on all the 3pt stuff. I seem to remember reading something about a fitting on a CK3510 that was in that area with a bad o-ring from the factory. It didn't start leaking until the "paint seal" gave way.

The seat and panel below it is pretty easy to remove and should give you visibility on all the 3pt stuff. I seem to remember reading something about a fitting on a CK3510 that was in that area with a bad o-ring from the factory. It didn't start leaking until the "paint seal" gave way.
You might be exactly right. Spent all morning on it, pulled the seat and the fender off. Started it up for a moment, just to see where the leak is....and sure looks like a blown seal to me. Took a short video as well, but I'm not sure how to post that here. I'm not doing anything else with it until I talk to the dealer on monday, but at least now I know exactly where it's coming from.

leak location.jpg

Tried to make a GIF of a video I took, but still won't let me upload it here. Found somewhere else to upload it, here's the link. https://gifyu.com/image/Xnfr

Not great quality, but gets the point across. Sure looks like just a blown seal (o ring) to me.