CK3510SE Radiator "rotten"

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #21  
If that protective screen is a polymer, the hydrogen sulfide wouldn't accept the screen, but would attack the radiator
Exactly! Some Deere and NH Boomers had issues years back. It's the reason I put a red top Optima battery in my TC33D.

Last edited:
   / CK3510SE Radiator "rotten"
Soooo... happy day. I went back to dealer with rad. Spoke with manager, and as luck would have it, service guy and mechanic were there too. New rad on order, and dealer and kioti figuring out payment. They couldn't believe a rad could leak in 3 years either. So I took it out of my trunk and said "me either". But there it was, a rad with 2 holes from the inside. I also had mentioned this coolant leak 3 times with different reasons why it happened throughout the last 1-2 years.

As for a direct tractor/part, the Bobcat CT235 is nearly a CK3510. Nearly. Electrical and wiring is apparently different, the Bobcat part number is 7000258. Unfortunately, its $990 CAD from Bobcat.

I might also add, I am happy I let the rage die down before I had a constructive and rational conversation with my dealer.

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #23  
Soooo... happy day. I went back to dealer with rad. Spoke with manager, and as luck would have it, service guy and mechanic were there too. New rad on order, and dealer and kioti figuring out payment. They couldn't believe a rad could leak in 3 years either. So I took it out of my trunk and said "me either". But there it was, a rad with 2 holes from the inside. I also had mentioned this coolant leak 3 times with different reasons why it happened throughout the last 1-2 years.

As for a direct tractor/part, the Bobcat CT235 is nearly a CK3510. Nearly. Electrical and wiring is apparently different, the Bobcat part number is 7000258. Unfortunately, its $990 CAD from Bobcat.

I might also add, I am happy I let the rage die down before I had a constructive and rational conversation with my dealer.
It certainly helps to keep anger in check when negotiating. It also helps in other situations. Like you said you can be rational and constructive. It took me a while to learn this lesson but after I did life not only got easier but sticky situations now turn out more positive for me. Thanks for posting about your positive outcome.
Eric

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #24  
It certainly helps to keep anger in check when negotiating. It also helps in other situations. Like you said you can be rational and constructive. It took me a while to learn this lesson but after I did life not only got easier but sticky situations now turn out more positive for me. Thanks for posting about your positive outcome.
Eric
Did anyone verify pH level of antifreeze in the unit prior to replacing it. If the pH level becomes acidic it will eat up the radiator first then work on block. You can use ohm meter to determine if the antifreeze is becoming acidic one lead in the antifreeze and other on known ground. If reading above .4 ohms it’s becoming acidic and needs to be changed. Three years same antifreeze on tractor shouldn’t be a problem but it can be based on different alloys it is touching within the motor and radiator especially true if the tractor sits for extended periods. Yes that failed radiator would not sit well me either. however you still need to determine root cause or it could happen again.

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #25  
So sorry to hear about your radiator problem. Sadly, the equipment today isn't produced with the quality material it was once made with. When I've had to replace a radiator in the past, I would let the local shop price one and I would look at other aftermarket options, then go with the best quality radiator I could afford.
Good luck with your search.
Steve

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #26  
So sorry to hear about your radiator problem. Sadly, the equipment today isn't produced with the quality material it was once made with. When I've had to replace a radiator in the past, I would let the local shop price one and I would look at other aftermarket options, then go with the best quality radiator I could afford.
Good luck with your search.
Steve

I had to remove the radiator from my dozer and work on it. The core is brass but the tanks on the end were steel. Based on the organic matter in the radiator it was probably running pond water for quite sometime. But another major source of contamination appears to be rust flakes from the steel tank. The top tank isn’t fully submerged so even if it did have the proper mix of coolant and distilled water the top tank would still rust. It’s also nearly 50 years old so they must’ve done something right. The fan is no joke, you can tell it’s from the built to last era.
IMG_2699.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2698.JPG
    IMG_2698.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 31
   / CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #27  
I have done all necessary maintenance and preventative maintenance. I too, am baffled as to why this has happened. Although I also wonder why I've had to replace axle seals on both sides twice... with one side needing it again. I believe I have the "built on a friday afternoon" model.
Double a I completely understand. These machines can baffle the best of us

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #30