clamp on forks

/ clamp on forks #21  
recently ordered and received a set of titan 1500# clamp on forks with stabilizer bar. have not used them yet but they appear to be very well built.reasonable price and free shipping.

/ clamp on forks #22  
I needed something to help move the flagstone steps to tear them down. Not clamp on, but they don't shift side to side. Just need to tilt them up to remove them. Cost maybe $20 tops between lumber and angle braces.

20140517_111604.jpg20140517_111614.jpg20140517_135324.jpg20140517_135340.jpg

/ clamp on forks #23  
That looks like it did a great job, and no one can say it's not sturdy.

While we were looking for forks, I used C-channel held tp the bucket with c-clamps for the stuff we needed to move rightaway., not pretty or awfully sturdy, but they get er done.

Way to go,
Thomas

I needed something to help move the flagstone steps to tear them down. Not clamp on, but they don't shift side to side. Just need to tilt them up to remove them. Cost maybe $20 tops between lumber and angle braces.

View attachment 376090View attachment 376091View attachment 376092View attachment 376093

/ clamp on forks
I ended up buying a set of real forks from a scrap yard for $75.00.
Bought a ssqa blank from titan for $110.00
Welded up a complete HD fork lift attachment. Just remove the bucket and install. Great setup, I use it more than my loader bucket.

/ clamp on forks #25  
If we had a need for more lift, then I'd prolly buy a new [bigger] rig AND make sure it had a QA of some kind, and then I doubt we'd ever have the bucket on more than occasionally.

As it stands, we usually [almost always] have the forks on, unless we're actively digging or spreading something we had delivered.

Welded up a complete HD fork lift attachment. Just remove the bucket and install. Great setup, I use it more than my loader bucket.

/ clamp on forks #26  
One of my problems with "forks always on" is that they stick out. And it makes my "rig" less maneuverable.

This is how my M4700 is set up right now:
8x6SAM_0875.jpg

except for the canopy.

And it seems I'm ALWAYS using the bucket to carry something, even if it's just a chainsaw and fuel.

It's handy to unclip them and go.

/ clamp on forks #27  

Very nice! Would love to see some pics if you have time.

/ clamp on forks #28  
That looks like it did a great job, and no one can say it's not sturdy.

While we were looking for forks, I used C-channel held tp the bucket with c-clamps for the stuff we needed to move rightaway., not pretty or awfully sturdy, but they get er done.

Way to go,
Thomas

Thanks! I saw a youtube of a guy that took a couple 2x4's, and sandwiched the bottom of the loader between them with a bolt. Simpler than mine, but I kind of like not needing tools to take mine on and off. They just happened to be wide enough to set those stones down on bench by our fire pit, back out, and go back to work. They're perfectly positioned to pick up again later when I get pavers or stones stack for legs to turn them into 2 more benches around our fire pit.

You guys and all the talk about these QA's!!! Makes me want to figure out how do switch mine over. One project at a time I suppose!