clamp on pallet forks (& no qd) - vs qd bucket + qd forks on kl4030/ck2610

/ clamp on pallet forks (& no qd) - vs qd bucket + qd forks on kl4030/ck2610 #1  

orangetree

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti ck2610
Just bought a ck2610; thanks for all the TBN threads that helped me make the call on that. Haven't "owned" a tractor since using my dad's in the woods growing up, couldn't be more excited :) anyway ... I ordered it with the kl4030 (standard loader on the ck2610) with the quick-release 66" bucket.

I was planning on getting pallet forks with the QD, but i think i'm a really light user of them. I will be unloading pallets from the truck a few times a year, moving lumber around as we build the house & garage, etc ...

Then I started thinking about, in addition to the QD weight (noticeable), any load is now ~4" further out, further reducing lift capacity. Since i probably care more about the load in the bucket, than on the forks, I started second guessing if i should just get clamp-on forks (lift around 1000lbs, which is plenty for the stuff i receive) and ditching the QD system.

Thoughts on how well / poorly clamp on's work, with the stock kioti 66" bucket? Practical numbers on how much FEL lift capacity the QD spacing consumes?

The tractor & loader/backhoe won't be in the dealer for another month (and were already on order by the dealer, given this crazy year) - I may or may not be able to swap this option directly, but given the usable load difference, perhaps it would be worth selling the QD and ordering the stock pinned-on 66" bucket.

Thanks!

/ clamp on pallet forks (& no qd) - vs qd bucket + qd forks on kl4030/ck2610 #2  
Spend the money for an SSQA bucket and SSQA pallet forks.

Everyone buying their first tractor finds far more uses for it than anticipated while shopping. SSQA makes the FEL far more versatile.

Also, new tractor owners work (abuse) the new machine as part of the tractor learning process.

Buy attachments and implements one at a time when the need is obvious. Buy quality.

With clamp on pallet forks your empty 300 pound bucket is useless weight most of the time.

MORE: pallet forks site:tractorbynet.com

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 309
  • fullsizeoutput_196.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_196.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 317

Last edited:
   / clamp on pallet forks (& no qd) - vs qd bucket + qd forks on kl4030/ck2610 #3  
Ditto to the above. You're much better off with universal skid-steer attachments instead of bolt-on buckets. You'll find all kind of uses for this once you get it.

Forks are super handy for much more than just picking up pallets.

Either way, get some hooks mounted on your bucket so you have safe positive points to lift from. The fork attachment offers plenty of places to attach chains to already.

Good luck with it!

/ clamp on pallet forks (& no qd) - vs qd bucket + qd forks on kl4030/ck2610 #4  
I have clamp on forks and quick attach. The clamp on ones never get used and the quick attached are my most used attachment.

/ clamp on pallet forks (& no qd) - vs qd bucket + qd forks on kl4030/ck2610 #5  
Go QA...
You will use the forks 100x more than you think you will now.

/ clamp on pallet forks (& no qd) - vs qd bucket + qd forks on kl4030/ck2610 #6  
QA all the way. Shoot, I bought a new tractor just to upgrade loader capacity and gain SSQA. Switching from bucket to forks in under 30 seconds is sooooo nice. On a given mid size CUT, SSQA forks will give you nearly twice the lifting capability vs clamped on forks extending way out in front of the bucket. Even if you don't plan to lift heavy things, someday, such a need will arise. Or even with 1000 lb loads that you could do with clamp forks, doing the same lift with SSQA forks will be smoother, safer, more stable, etc.

/ clamp on pallet forks (& no qd) - vs qd bucket + qd forks on kl4030/ck2610
consensus seems really clear to stay SSQA. I've read a few anecdotes similar to @SJay (have clamp-on, never use)...

going to keep it QA, thanks all

/ clamp on pallet forks (& no qd) - vs qd bucket + qd forks on kl4030/ck2610 #8  
consensus seems really clear to stay SSQA. I've read a few anecdotes similar to @SJay (have clamp-on, never use)...

going to keep it QA, thanks all

If you are going to post here regularly learn and use standard tractor nomenclature.

SSQA is an industry standard. There is only one SSQA.

QA can be ANYTHING.

Last edited:
   / clamp on pallet forks (& no qd) - vs qd bucket + qd forks on kl4030/ck2610
If you are going to post here regularly learn and use standard tractor nomenclature.

SSQA is an industry standard. There is only one SSQA.

QA can be ANYTHING.

It also is helpful to have your LOCATION as part of your T-B-N PROFILE.
Yes, SSQA; and i'm in ~central idaho, thanks

/ clamp on pallet forks (& no qd) - vs qd bucket + qd forks on kl4030/ck2610 #10  
The ability to have a more utile loader pales in comparison to the added lift capacity. It depends on your use case. I get not too much use out of pallet forks, but get a huge benefit out of a grapple. My neighbor uses my pallet forks more than me. :)

Also, remember that add-on pallet forks more the load out in front of the bucket adding about 12" to the moment arm and really reducing the load capability using forks. So you are trading a minor degradation in bucket lift capacity for a severe degradation in pallet fork capacity.

Last edited: