Clamp on pallet forks

/ Clamp on pallet forks #41  
Tube is 1-1/2 X 1-1/2 X .140.... Small tractor small forks..... May have been a little shy on material size, maybe 2 x 2 x .145 or .188 would have been better....
I used 1-1/2" x 3" steel channel. I have been using mine for about 5 years with no proble. I have moved 16K generators, lumber and household goods using them!

/ Clamp on pallet forks #42  
I used 1-1/2" x 3" steel channel. I have been using mine for about 5 years with no proble. I have moved 16K generators, lumber and household goods using them!
That's good... But I have small tractor (SCUT) and not a lot of heavy brush work and no use for pallet or realty heavy work...

/ Clamp on pallet forks #44  
So what’s the point of your comment?
Just replying to CoveredWagon2 for clarity of why my set of forks were less than his....

/ Clamp on pallet forks #45  
I bought one of these several years ago and have used the daylights out of it with no bucket damage or warpage. This past summer I also added "The Thumb' grapple to the top of the bucket. This combination of the debris fork and 'The Thumb' makes brush/ debris clean-up phenomenal. Just open the thumb, drive into the pile, clamp the thumb down and drive away with a huge amount of debris that doesn't move until you are ready to dump it. The multiple bars/ tines keep a lot of stuff from falling through vs just 2 forks.
Prior to this, I made my own clamp-on forks from 2 X 3 square tube with 2 sets of clamp bolts on each fork. THey still shifted, so I picked s good with and made an "H" bar out of angle iron to bolt between the forks once installed on the bucket. This eliminated the shifting problem. These also did not bend or warp the bucket. One thing I should mention is that prior to doing this type of work with my pin on loader bucket, I purchased some either 3/8" or 1/2" X10" flat bar and beefed up the bottom side of the bucket so the entire bottom of the bucket is equal thickness with the back edge of the scraper blade. This was done purposely so my bucket wouldn't have the built-in 'smile' I have seen in so many other buckets. The top of my bucket also has an added 2" square tube brace welded across it for top side reinforcement.
So did you size the thumb for your bucket? Or did you get a longer one to reach out over the debris forks?

/ Clamp on pallet forks #46  
The problem with clamp on's are lack of visibility and they're not as rigid as a whole unit. Just my opinion.

/ Clamp on pallet forks #47  
Good observation and additionally, overloading clamp on pallet forks will impart a smile in your bucket lip that is almost impossible to remove.

/ Clamp on pallet forks #48  
I have plans to use my "home-made" clamp on forks with additional forks and a top claw to make a small grapple. I had my property logged last year and still have piles of small trees and branches to move to the burn pile. My Kubota BX24 is very limited on the amount I can carry that way, but the 4 wheel drive is necessary. My Case 580SE backhoe is 2WD and doesn't steer well on these hills!