CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #271  
I'm praying for your family I hope everything works out for your dad.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
thank you for the prayers and support everyone.

Clover...Yep...to be clear, T494 HST....not the 4820. should have bought the branson I guess.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #273  
Wow, just binged the thread, sorry about your dad, we lost both our fathers to cancer, prayers out for you and your family.

This is an insane issue, when you have time, I would def. go scorched earth with media on this

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #274  
My father died when I was pretty young and my sister when she was pretty old. Both from cancer. You never get over it but it puts the whole of life and family in better perspective and that makes it better.

.Get rid of that tractor before it gets worse. Then, if you want another tractor, buy a Kubota. Whatever the price difference is, it is. Pay it, forget it and move on. That's the price of experience. Lesser quality for a lesser price has never worked for me and a lesser price without knowing why has always cost me with lesser quality.

Last edited:
   / CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #275  
.Get rid of that tractor before it gets worse. Then, if you want another tractor, buy a Kubota.
What do you recommend the guys with Kubota problems, buy??

And YES there are guys with Kubota problems...

SR

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #276  
What do you recommend the guys with Kubota problems, buy??

And YES there are guys with Kubota problems...

SR
Of course there are problems with everything but buying the one with a high customer satisfaction is a better bet for someone new at all this. It's not about brands but a better experience for a newcomer.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #277  
Of course there are problems with everything but buying the one with a high customer satisfaction is a better bet for someone new at all this. It's not about brands but a better experience for a newcomer.
MY "better experience for the buyer" (me) was to quit buying compact tractors (including Kubota's) and start buying small lower powered AG tractors!!

They are waaaaay better/stronger built and last "trouble free" a lot longer.

By smaller, I mean 30hp on up.

SR

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #278  
MY "better experience for the buyer" (me) was to quit buying compact tractors (including Kubota's) and start buying small lower powered AG tractors!!

They are waaaaay better/stronger built and last "trouble free" a lot longer.

By smaller, I mean 30hp on up.

SR
I absolutely agree on that. The first 90+ HP tractor I stumbled into was a Kubota M8950 in the early 90's. What a beast and zero went wrong with it while other guys had various and sundry problems.

30-40 to 70hp would better serve all but the homeowner guys. Around the house my JD790 TLB (35? HP) gets the most use. And I chip branches in the yard with an M7040@ 70HP. The price wasn't that much more than lesser HP tractor.

Even an older (gasp) 2WD tractor, even a gasser, does what most people need done and is fun to work on.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #279  
Very sorry to hear about your pops and the tractor.