clean air filter

/ clean air filter #21  
I might add that I do wash the activated charcoal cabin filter a couple times a year with Dawn diswash detergent and warm water (after spraying) but it's designed to wash. It gets replaced yearly as well and it's not cheap.

/ clean air filter #22  
I blow mine out and check them often. You can also put something like an "outerwear" filter over the filter housing intake. Its basicly like a very fine plastic mesh made for this.

/ clean air filter #23  
I wouldn't mess around with more "outer wear" on the filter unless you have a paticularly dusty operating conditions.

Most of our tractors have a primary and secondary filter. The large primary filter gets cleaned per the owners manual instructions and replaced as needed after X amount of cleanings. The secondary filter never gets cleaned, and in theory, should not need replacing if your primary filter does its job. The only time I would replace the secondary filter is if you notice a failure of the filter media on the primary filter.

/ clean air filter #24  
unless you have a paticularly dusty operating conditions
If you dont have a dusty condition you wouldnt have to clean the filter as much..thus not needing this thread.

/ clean air filter #25  
I clean mine with compressed air from inside out. Not had a problem with the pressure. In the field when bush hogging , I use my husqvarna handheld blower that I use for radiator and rest of tractor.

I have used my shop vac on outside of filter as well.

/ clean air filter #26  
I have an inner and outer air filter. I'll remove the outer filter and blow it out using about 45psi air and one of these.

About or twice a year, I remove the inner (backup) filter and check it. Its never needed cleaning or replacement. Once it does, the outer and inner get replaced.

The cabin air filters just get blown off and re-installed.

/ clean air filter #27  
I have an inner and outer air filter. I'll remove the outer filter and blow it out using about [[ 45psi ]] air and one of these.

About or twice a year, I remove the inner (backup) filter and check it. Its never needed cleaning or replacement. Once it does, the outer and inner get replaced.

The cabin air filters just get blown off and re-installed.

YEAH! These on full pressure might blow a filter apart.

/ clean air filter #28  
Here I am blowing these air filters out with 120 PSI for as long as I can remember and never had any issues whatsoever. 😅

As far as replacing them, heck, the [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] B7000 I used to have, never got a new air filter on the 18+ years I had it and easily over 2000 hours. I would blow it out frequently though. It was still perfectly fine with only darker paper element and no harm was done to the engine either.

On my current tractor, I may replace it at 1000 hours. I'll decide when the time comes by.

/ clean air filter #29  
Ok guys, I searched and didn't find anything, quickly. How does everyone clean the air filter on their tractor. I know blowing air into it will sometimes pack the dirt in tighter. Is there an air filter cleaning solution that works? Just soap and water? Spray with degreaser and wash out then let it dry? If they weren't $70+ I wouldn't try cleaning it. I've seen a lot of cheep air filters on line, but don't really want to take a chance on letting dirt destroy my engine because the filter didn't do it's job.
Many years ago a guy who ran a garage for years said always blow dirt from inside filter out, otherwise it packs dirt in.

/ clean air filter #30  
Here I am blowing these air filters out with 120 PSI for as long as I can remember and never had any issues whatsoever
Me too but with 150psi. If the filter is that fragile then it's time for a replacement.