Cleaning eyeglasses, why is there only one good way?

/ Cleaning eyeglasses, why is there only one good way? #51  
A bit of dish detergent and warm water, dry with microfiber cloth if I am at home, COSTCO glasses cleaner spray and microfiber in car, if you get the Costco glasses cleaning kit, two bottles of cleaner and a couple of microfiber cloths, you can refill the bottles for free at the optical counter at any Costco.
Wife has an ultrasonic cleaner that we use when our glasses get really gross.

/ Cleaning eyeglasses, why is there only one good way? #52  
I started washing mine in the shower with bar soap and drying with bath towel.

/ Cleaning eyeglasses, why is there only one good way?
I've been using these Peeps out in the garage for the past couple weeks, seems to work good for a quick out on the job eyeglass cleaning because it's small so it can fit in the pocket. They come in bright colors that I dont need glasses to find, they have a self cleaning pads so in theory not rubbing dirt back over the lens, also a soft brush for getting the sawdust off first.

Amazon.com: Peeps Eyeglass Cleaner - Lens Cleaner for Eyeglasses and Sunglasses - Glasses Cleaner for All Types of Eye Wear: Home & Kitchen

/ Cleaning eyeglasses, why is there only one good way? #54  
Shucks I always mist by blowing on each lens and using my shirt tail!
When all else fails I use a kleenex!

/ Cleaning eyeglasses, why is there only one good way? #55  
Shucks I always mist by blowing on each lens and using my shirt tail!
When all else fails I use a kleenex!
Me too.

/ Cleaning eyeglasses, why is there only one good way? #56  
Not sure who here posted to use water and that has worked for me very well just running tap water, normally warm water. Think his wife is eye doctor or worked with one. Thanks for the tip.

Oh I have a kit in house and car made for the cleaning but find the warm water cleans as easier and with no spray in the air and misses nowhere on the lenses. Normally use the micro cloth that came with the kits to wipe dry.

Yes I have used clean cotton cloth to wipe when nothing else is around.

/ Cleaning eyeglasses, why is there only one good way? #58  
I just found something that works really well on mine. I run a little warm water over them and then squirt a little of that soap that comes out in a foam on the lenses. It cleans them quickly and they seem to last longer between cleanings.

/ Cleaning eyeglasses, why is there only one good way? #59  
Does ultra cleanser worth to buy? I read a lots positive reviews about this product but I cant make decision yet. Are there any type do you recommend?

/ Cleaning eyeglasses, why is there only one good way? #60  
Old GF of mine used to work at Sears Optical, then Walmart. Liked telling me about the disgusting "face fudge" on peoples eyeglasses.

I too found the quickest and easiest way to clean safety or sun glasses is under the tap with dish soap. Dry with soft tea towel.

Last edited: