Cleaning Loader Arm Grease

/ Cleaning Loader Arm Grease #11  
I wouldn’t know because I never clean it lol but the mineral sprits should work fine. Or diesel isn’t much different from mineral spirits.

/ Cleaning Loader Arm Grease #12  
Mineral spirits. We do it all the time, use it on outer glass also before using glass cleaner.

/ Cleaning Loader Arm Grease #13  
Mineral spirits. We do it all the time, use it on outer glass also before using glass cleaner.

Mineral spirits dries oily. I’d switch to alcohol or if you need harsher acetone for glass. Don’t put acetone on fake glass though because that doesn’t go well.

/ Cleaning Loader Arm Grease #14  
I don't mind, so much, getting a little grease on my work clothing. Then, I come in the house and have to change OR the grease transfers to my furniture. I don't like that.

A couple years ago - Simple Green - lots of old shop rags - lots of scrubbing - looked as good as BravoXray's - post #6.

Since that time - I "clean-as-I-go". Once you get it clean - keep up with it.

/ Cleaning Loader Arm Grease #15  
Cheap clay based grease that has dried on is much harder to remove, no matter what solvent you use.

/ Cleaning Loader Arm Grease #16  
Mineral spirits dries oily. I’d switch to alcohol or if you need harsher acetone for glass. Don’t put acetone on fake glass though because that doesn’t go well.
I'd be real careful with acetone around painted surfaces as well. But acetone will eat away any grease, yeh.

/ Cleaning Loader Arm Grease #17  
Dismount loader to keep from getting grease all over the tractor. Move tractor. Pressure wash the loader. Wait a bit for it to dry. Remount loader. Give it a fresh grease job.

/ Cleaning Loader Arm Grease #18  
I'm a liberal greaser too. So my loader has blobs of grease at each joint. Periodically I will grab a hand wipe (the orange ones) and clean up the big stuff. Regular washing of the tractor and a grease job after keep it manageable.

/ Cleaning Loader Arm Grease #19  
I like simple green works great for me.
I purchased some cleaner with purple in
the name suppose to clean all but the
things that I wanted to clean didn't work
and never found out the "ALL" that it did
clean.

willy

/ Cleaning Loader Arm Grease #20  
I use diesel and shop towels. Does the trick nicely.