Clearing Brush- What do you use?

/ Clearing Brush- What do you use? #31  
Probable Immune-Oak that was widely distributed by the Bell System

/ Clearing Brush- What do you use? #32  
I start with my brush hog on on the back of the tractor. But I can never get it close to the edges as I want because of overhanging branches or the bank of a stream. If you don't keep pushing back, your field eventually gets smaller and smaller -- to coin a phrase, rush never sleeps. We call people with that issue a middle-of-the-field farmer. So once I get everything mowed, I run around the edges with Round Up. I have a 15 gallon sprayer on the back of an ATV and it works great. Only problem is that you end up with a lot of dead shrubs and stuff that now consists of dead sticks and twigs. I'd like to walk around the edges with my blade trimmer -- like a string trimmer but with a tough steel blade -- but its just too much work at this point. So good enough is good enough.

/ Clearing Brush- What do you use? #33  
I start with my brush hog on on the back of the tractor. But I can never get it close to the edges as I want because of overhanging branches or the bank of a stream. If you don't keep pushing back, your field eventually gets smaller and smaller -- to coin a phrase, rush never sleeps. We call people with that issue a middle-of-the-field farmer. So once I get everything mowed, I run around the edges with Round Up. I have a 15 gallon sprayer on the back of an ATV and it works great. Only problem is that you end up with a lot of dead shrubs and stuff that now consists of dead sticks and twigs. I'd like to walk around the edges with my blade trimmer -- like a string trimmer but with a tough steel blade -- but its just too much work at this point. So good enough is good enough.
That's what I've been doing. Have a grapple coming to clear up the edges.

/ Clearing Brush- What do you use? #34  
Looks like it's got a slip clutch (with no safety shield). I wonder how well it works and how much power it needs. It looks like it could throw objects quite a ways. Commercial models like the Baumalight CP560 have side shields that extend farther forwards. (they also have four blades and claim to cut up to 4").

I'd really like a forestry mulcher on the front of a track loader but that's kind of expensive. Even a mulcher for the back of my tractor would be expensive and my tractor can drive only the smallest ones that would choke on our large brush.

We can't burn here and brush left in piles just sits there for years. I'm using chain saws and 8" pto chipper for the larger brush. Stihl FS240 brush cutter and a rotary cutter on the tractor for smaller brush. it's slow but I've cleared a good fire safety buffer around the house.
I'm wondering how he's got his blades set up tho, I've got a 5 foot bushhog that I wouldn't mind converting over to something like that or like a Brown tree cutter/bushhog.

/ Clearing Brush- What do you use? #35  
Thought I would pass this trick on I had to sell my grapple so when I went to move brush I now have to use my forks. In this case I drag the tree to where I cut it up and then cut the brush off and place it in a pile in front of a hefty tree. When the pile is big enough I use the forks to grab it with each fork on each side of the tree. This crushes the brush together, And then life and curl and away it goes. I also considered maybe some way to run a cable or rope from the fork tips back to the backboard But havent tried that yet. This is pretty simple thing to do. but I hadnt thought of it before. LOL